How come everyday my estimate earnings goes down?

Pikachuniop

Reaction score
3 days ago my estimate earnings on my youtube dashboard was £32.21 and now its £27.78.

Why is it going down day by day?

Can someone tell me? am i losing money or something :D

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's an estimate for a reason... it can change often.

Pikachuniop

Reaction score
You're not getting the same amount of monetized views. Also, CPM varies.
Wait what? so 3 days ago it says £32.21 so I wont be getting £32.21 ? so 10 days later it will drop to $10 eventually? wtf im getting scammed then...

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Wait what? so 3 days ago it says £32.21 so I wont be getting £32.21 ? so 10 days later it will drop to $10 eventually? wtf im getting scammed then...
What? No, you're not getting scammed at all.

You get paid per views, and clicks. It's called estimated earnings for a reason. Obviously you're not going to earn the same amount every day. If you're not earning as much as you did one day, that means you aren't getting the same amount of monetized views.

Hummie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I prefer to keep a record of my weekly estimated totals. I found last month I received more money than the weekly estimates added together.

I think what happens is that at the beginning of each week (switch to week view) it takes a while to propagate that week's estimate and it shows zero until about Wednesday and then jumps up even more on Thursday. Meanwhile, while the current week is showing zero at the beginning of the week, it makes the monthly amount drop.

I hope that made sense.

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
What? No, you're not getting scammed at all.

You get paid per views, and clicks. It's called estimated earnings for a reason. Obviously you're not going to earn the same amount every day. If you're not earning as much as you did one day, that means you aren't getting the same amount of monetized views.
This. Very much so this. There are lots of factors that determine your earnings. This is not hourly pay and you're also not on salary. It varies daily.

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In addition to all of the above, you might be looking at the last 30 days revenue, which means if 31 days ago you had a spike, that will no longer be displayed in the last 30 days.

Rickyricc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
In addition to all of the above, you might be looking at the last 30 days revenue, which means if 31 days ago you had a spike, that will no longer be displayed in the last 30 days.
+1
This is what your referring to as Flammy said. Your estimated earnings is based on the last 30 days so if you are making less $$ in the last few days etc, it will go down. You will still receive the money at the end of the month, it will just be less/more than last month.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
You mean it's not a running tally of my exact earnings? Damnit this day is ruined.

:p

Reactions: MattZ