How can my commentary improve?

Justice

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I understand I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be, but just wondering what you think of my commentary during my videos. Here is my latest one as an example :)

Horse Punch

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
change your thumnails up or improve then there are great tutorials out there maybe make an intro apart from that your doing fine !

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Justice,

Looking at the video you posted, I think that making you webcam image clearer would help. You could try to do that by increasing the lighting or at least have the lighting shining on your from and not so much the side or back of your head. It is very important that you also look more at the camera, because the most important thing about webcams is your expression, which i see that you are making, but you also keep lowering your head and hiding half of your face, so just by making you face more clearly seen i think you could improve very much.

The commentary itself is great i think. You are quite entertaining. Maybe do more talking, but not too much so too keep the feeling of the game.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with your channel.

Valerik

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Justice,

I think you have a really nice commentary voice and you are engaging. Few things to just improve your video as the substance is all there just a few technical tweaks! Make your face bigger on the screen- you use good expressions but could be easily missed- get a light to shine into your face or edit it in post as your face looks quite dark- add light and keep showing those expressions. Keep up the good work buddy!

Justice

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Justice,

Looking at the video you posted, I think that making you webcam image clearer would help. You could try to do that by increasing the lighting or at least have the lighting shining on your from and not so much the side or back of your head. It is very important that you also look more at the camera, because the most important thing about webcams is your expression, which i see that you are making, but you also keep lowering your head and hiding half of your face, so just by making you face more clearly seen i think you could improve very much.

The commentary itself is great i think. You are quite entertaining. Maybe do more talking, but not too much so too keep the feeling of the game.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with your channel.

Valerik
Thanks for the kind words! I am looking to invest in a better lighting setup, I might get a box light to help me and Ill try a better angle for future gameplays, thanks again :D

Reactions: Valerik

Justice

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Justice,

I think you have a really nice commentary voice and you are engaging. Few things to just improve your video as the substance is all there just a few technical tweaks! Make your face bigger on the screen- you use good expressions but could be easily missed- get a light to shine into your face or edit it in post as your face looks quite dark- add light and keep showing those expressions. Keep up the good work buddy!
Hey Justice,

Hey, cheers mate! Ill be sure to test the lighting and camera before I start playing from now on, I think a better angle could help me out :) Thanks heaps for your advice!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think your commentary is really good! :) I agree with the others, improve your lighting and maybe move your camera back so that you can see your whole face.

SuperNintendudez

Reaction score
I think I'm pretty much in agreement with what everybody else said! I liked your commentary, you sounded confident and funny, it was mostly the webcam quality that could use some work. but you did a good job of balancing your own commentary with the game's, and I thought it was really well done!