How can i come to know whether my video started showing ads and started earning money

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahvideo

vahvideo
Reaction score
Hi,
I just send my video to be monetize ? Initially i got message like its in the review. Later on if i go to my video manager page its showing like "Congratulations! Your account is now enabled for monetization. Learn more "
But i did not understand whether my video is getting started showing ads and started earning or not. Can anyone please help me out regarding this.

WonderHouseAwesome

Hello, I am AWESOME
Reaction score
When you go to the Video Manager there is a box with a dollar sign in it [$] next to the video, click on that and it gives you options wither to add a ad before the video and/or one of those pop-up boxes that pops up during the video.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Welcome to the forums :) Just a tip as you might be new to Adsense make sure to never click on your own advertisements to check if they're working, a lot of people do this only to end up banned and dont ask friends to either.

vahvideo

vahvideo
Reaction score
When you go to the Video Manager there is a box with a dollar sign in it [$] next to the video, click on that and it gives you options wither to add a ad before the video and/or one of those pop-up boxes that pops up during the video.
Hi Thanks for your precious reply. But i am not able to find that $ sign in my video manager. Can you please describe me more. I am sending the screenshot for my video manager page. Please check that and let me know.
And also Please check whether ads are displaying or not in my video link
Thanks in advance..

video-manager-page.jpg

vahvideo

vahvideo
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :) Just a tip as you might be new to Adsense make sure to never click on your own advertisements to check if they're working, a lot of people do this only to end up banned and dont ask friends to either.
Thanks for your suggestions.. Appreciate if you can keep suggesting me.

WonderHouseAwesome

Hello, I am AWESOME
Reaction score
From the picture you posted you still have the old layout, if you click on the box that says [Montization] you will be able to select that you want it monetized and the type of ad you want. Also, I should warn you, it matters on the subject and how much info you put in your video monitization box that it might be a day or a few hours till you find ad's on your video. Also, never NEVER put anything copywrited in your video it will be taken down and you will lose your adsense account. If you read the DMCA and Copywrite guidelines you will be okay.
http://www.youtube.com/t/dmca_policy and http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_education

I've also included the new layout, the one I have, in case you are randomly switched over so you know what to do.

Reactions: vahvideo

vahvideo

vahvideo
Reaction score
From the picture you posted you still have the old layout, if you click on the box that says [Montization] you will be able to select that you want it monetized and the type of ad you want. Also, I should warn you, it matters on the subject and how much info you put in your video monitization box that it might be a day or a few hours till you find ad's on your video. Also, never NEVER put anything copywrited in your video it will be taken down and you will lose your adsense account. If you read the DMCA and Copywrite guidelines you will be okay.
http://www.youtube.com/t/dmca_policy and http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_education

I've also included the new layout, the one I have, in case you are randomly switched over so you know what to do.
Thank You Very much for your reply. Now i am in new layout. Thanks for update. But somehow i already went to monetize page yesterday and selected that Advertising Options. Can u please tell me which one need to be checked "Enable Overlay in-video ads" or Enable TrueView in-stream ads" or both. and also i wanted know What is "This video contains a paid product placement." Shall i check this or not?
And one more thing i forgot the page where i gave my address/Phone no. given to adsense a/c. Can you please tell me the page how can i view my address for ad sense.
And where to give my account details and when.
And Please tell me where to see my earnings page.
Please don't mind i know i am asking silly Questions but please reply back.
Thank you for spending your precious time.

Attachments

vahvideo

vahvideo
Reaction score
Hi,
Just now i found my address in adsense page. So no need to reply for that question.
I want only in monetize page Advertising options what to select among the. Please tell me

Thank You Very much for your reply. Now i am in new layout. Thanks for update. But somehow i already went to monetize page yesterday and selected that Advertising Options. Can u please tell me which one need to be checked "Enable Overlay in-video ads" or Enable TrueView in-stream ads" or both. and also i wanted know What is "This video contains a paid product placement." Shall i check this or not?
And one more thing i forgot the page where i gave my address/Phone no. given to adsense a/c. Can you please tell me the page how can i view my address for ad sense.
And where to give my account details and when.
And Please tell me where to see my earnings page.
Please don't mind i know i am asking silly Questions but please reply back.
Thank you for spending your precious time.

WonderHouseAwesome

Hello, I am AWESOME
Reaction score
Can u please tell me which one need to be checked "Enable Overlay in-video ads" or Enable TrueView in-stream ads" or both. and also i wanted know What is "This video contains a paid product placement." Shall i check this or not?
An 'Overlay In-Video Ad' is the little box that appears during the video and goes opaque after a few seconds and a 'TrueView In-Stream Ad' is a 10-30 second ad that plays before the video. I normally click both, but I am a money grubbing *******, haha. Oh and "video contains a paid product placement" means that you have a paid sponsor for the video, like lets say Pepsi is paying you money to say Pepsi is great in the video, and won't make as much money, I normally don't check it.

Reactions: vahvideo

vahvideo

vahvideo
Reaction score
An 'Overlay In-Video Ad' is the little box that appears during the video and goes opaque after a few seconds and a 'TrueView In-Stream Ad' is a 10-30 second ad that plays before the video. I normally click both, but I am a money grubbing *******, haha. Oh and "video contains a paid product placement" means that you have a paid sponsor for the video, like lets say Pepsi is paying you money to say Pepsi is great in the video, and won't make as much money, I normally don't check it.
Really thanks a lot.. This information is very useful. Thanks for sparing time and giving precious reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.