GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm seeking honest opinions on a new logo design that I came up with for a new documentary channel I'm working on. Any feedback appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

The RAM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Swear I already asked this but w.e. Did you make the logo yourself or did you use an image from google and a font?

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Swear I already asked this but w.e. Did you make the logo yourself or did you use an image from google and a font?
I made it.. I got the idea of the concept from this movie title..Do you like the result?

Attachments

Last edited:

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This was my initial design but I felt it was lacking & added the neon globe.

Attachments

The RAM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, so I know you took the globe image from google images. A search of neon globe reveals shutterstock footage that requires you to purchase a license. Although the title says 100% royalty free, that is refering to something else on the reference webpage. If you did make it then it is extremely similar to the point its identical.

Ive also done a search for the font and come back with 1 result that also requires a desktop licence to be used for producing graphical work. Although, the font finding method is not 100% accurate. If you used a built in windows font you should be fine (Not legal advice, read microsofts font terms).

Other than that, the globe has been warped to fit and so is pixelated. It does not grab you attention. You dont need the global part. You could get away with just a globe and DayZ written somewhere.

Because you have gradiented the text, when viewed as a small icon, the text fades into the background making it difficult to see.

Also, on the point of text, because DayZ is written so small, the logo can only really serve a purpose as a large banner. A logo is required to be scaled to many sizes to fit.

To summarise, I would.

-Delete the globe
-Make the text more eligible and avoid black to black gradients
-Try to make a symbol rather than text as they scale better
-add something more personal to it, it is representing you, as it stands its very generic

Hope this helps, if you want me to look at some of your other designs let me know.

Reactions: fixedsnuffle

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ok, so I know you took the globe image from google images. A search of neon globe reveals shutterstock footage that requires you to purchase a license. Although the title says 100% royalty free, that is refering to something else on the reference webpage. If you did make it then it is extremely similar to the point its identical.

Ive also done a search for the font and come back with 1 result that also requires a desktop licence to be used for producing graphical work. Although, the font finding method is not 100% accurate. If you used a built in windows font you should be fine (Not legal advice, read microsofts font terms).

Other than that, the globe has been warped to fit and so is pixelated. It does not grab you attention. You dont need the global part. You could get away with just a globe and DayZ written somewhere.

Because you have gradiented the text, when viewed as a small icon, the text fades into the background making it difficult to see.

Also, on the point of text, because DayZ is written so small, the logo can only really serve a purpose as a large banner. A logo is required to be scaled to many sizes to fit.

To summarise, I would.

-Delete the globe
-Make the text more eligible and avoid black to black gradients
-Try to make a symbol rather than text as they scale better
-add something more personal to it, it is representing you, as it stands its very generic

Hope this helps, if you want me to look at some of your other designs let me know.
Thanks for the in depth review, I greatly appreciate it. This is actually the 1st review I've received on this new logo. I would've polled my subs but didn't make this design until I'd been inactive for quite sometime & my community posts on my channel get little to no traffic @tm.. I did poll them prior to my extended absence on a new channel name & Global Dayz came out on top so its safe to say I'll be keeping the name..Indeed I did get that globe from Shutterstock for like $50. Also for the record the current image of the logo is a rough draft so to speak. It wasn't until after I incorporated the globe that I realized the resolution was blurry from certain devices on my channel art. It's due to the fact I simply covered the O as I was in a hurry rather than replace it which is the reason it's warped I believe. I intend on fixing that on final draft.

You're spot on about the gradiented text although I can't say I'm too concerned about using this logo for my profile picture but mostly intros & channel art. & due to the fact I've several intros now with this design I think I'm going to be stuck with it. It actually displays well in a few of the intros that have enlarged colored font while a couple will need to be magnified to properly read "Dayz".. The incorporation of the globe & the positioning of dayz is my personal touch tbh I don't know much more I could do to it in regards of making it more personal. Feel free to throw out any suggestions in regards to that if you have something in mind. I do feel that I should've made the font bold for dayz as it's basically invisible in my avatar but I'll probably just use the globe by itself for my profile pic. I'm also contemplating changing the the font color to gradient orange or something in that range. I know it would definitely solve the visibility issue but it may be overkill...I'll experiment & update if I do. Thanks again for all your suggestions & critique.