Hey I need Feedback?

Aris Federman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I made a tutorial video on imovie. need feedback! You can check out my whole channel and review that if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think you could jump into how to do it a lot faster, they came to see how to do it..but 1:30 you JUST started to show them what to do, and that's selecting the clip. How long are the other videos that has the same tutorial as yours? Try to make it clean, fast, and efficient. Also the amount of uhs, and ums is endless, you say it every 5 seconds or so.

Luke (WhatsItLike?)

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you might wanna spend more time editing, uhhs and umms can just be cut out, and also the times where you are thinking or nothing is happening, or just bits you dont think need to be in there in general etc.

Reactions: Aris Federman

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Make it straight to the point and simple! That's how tutorials are supposed to be :)

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
this is a interesting one. the other who posted have valid points but there is a but

yes tutorial videos should be straight to the point. as short as possible this is true. its the sort of video someone searches for, watches it and moves on. i think adding a little personality in to the video makes it a bit more interesting. and will make it more likely people will actually subscriber rather than watching it and moving on.

there are many channels that do guides and tutorials but have a bit of fun in them too, i think you get in to the subject matter quick enough.

think of it this way. if you did a 5 minute robot tutorial. you might get a slightly higher retention rate (people won't click off because it goes straight into the tutorial) but you will get a tiny amount of subs
a 6 minute video with a bit of personality and fun might lower your rention rate by a small amount ("wtf man boobs,. i can't wait 20 seconds, i am out!") but i would guarantee you will earn more subs from it. and longer term that nets you more views

i saw go for it mate

as for the content - really really easy to follow. i have never used that program in my life and i am pretty sure i could do it :) as luke mentioned above. you could probably clean it up a little bit with the umms and dead air. but still really good effort[DOUBLEPOST=1468249815,1468249349][/DOUBLEPOST]i would also like to add that your tags are good but your description sucks balls :) the description is the second most important part of SEO (check my signature for a guide) you need to add those important tags to your description, something like "in this tutorial i will show you the how to do the camera dolly effect in Imovie, also know as the ken burns effect. hit that subscribe button for lots more editing and special effects hints tips and tricks for Imovie" something like that. use the terms people are searching for and add them into a readable sentance

Aris Federman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
this is a interesting one. the other who posted have valid points but there is a but

yes tutorial videos should be straight to the point. as short as possible this is true. its the sort of video someone searches for, watches it and moves on. i think adding a little personality in to the video makes it a bit more interesting. and will make it more likely people will actually subscriber rather than watching it and moving on.

there are many channels that do guides and tutorials but have a bit of fun in them too, i think you get in to the subject matter quick enough.

think of it this way. if you did a 5 minute robot tutorial. you might get a slightly higher retention rate (people won't click off because it goes straight into the tutorial) but you will get a tiny amount of subs
a 6 minute video with a bit of personality and fun might lower your rention rate by a small amount ("wtf man boobs,. i can't wait 20 seconds, i am out!") but i would guarantee you will earn more subs from it. and longer term that nets you more views

i saw go for it mate

as for the content - really really easy to follow. i have never used that program in my life and i am pretty sure i could do it :) as luke mentioned above. you could probably clean it up a little bit with the umms and dead air. but still really good effort[DOUBLEPOST=1468249815,1468249349][/DOUBLEPOST]i would also like to add that your tags are good but your description sucks balls :) the description is the second most important part of SEO (check my signature for a guide) you need to add those important tags to your description, something like "in this tutorial i will show you the how to do the camera dolly effect in Imovie, also know as the ken burns effect. hit that subscribe button for lots more editing and special effects hints tips and tricks for Imovie" something like that. use the terms people are searching for and add them into a readable sentance
Thanks so much for the feedbak! Really!!!