Help

Grampafire

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m starting a new gaming channel called Grampafire26. Does anyone know how long it takes to start getting revenue?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Hi guys, I’m starting a new gaming channel called Grampafire26. Does anyone know how long it takes to start getting revenue?
That depends on several things.

1. How long it takes you to reach the monetization application thresholds of 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch time hours in the past 365 days

2. How long it takes you to achieve a successful Compliance Review from YouTube's Monetization Team

3. Whether or not you retain monetized status after initial approval. I've seen channels get demonetized 3-12 days after they were approved.

4. Finally, whether or not YouTube decides to declare gaming content no longer monetizable; and it looks as though they may be moving in that direction.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
it can take years, you want to think if you can keep playing games that long, I decided to almost completely quit gaming after a while because it was stressful & useless in the real world

4. Finally, whether or not YouTube decides to declare gaming content no longer monetizable; and it looks as though they may be moving in that direction.
wow, in the near future? that will be a lot of unhappy youtubers