Help! Video lags on 1080p

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone! I'm Laura and I'm fairly new with Youtube and with editing.

Lately I've been having this problem with my videos in which, in Youtube, lines appear whenever there is movement in 1080p (if you want to see what I'm talking about, just watch the intro of my newest video, lines everywhere :confused::confused:).

I use Sony Vegas to edit and I think it may have something to do with the rendering of the video.

Do you have any tips I could use? I have tried different rendering settings, but it hasn't worked.

Thanks!!

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Gotta be the programs fault, never had that issue with after effects.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I use Sony Vegas
Well there's your problem, right there!
Seriously though... The lines only show when playing in 1080 - when I view in 720, it looks fine. Because of this and because the lines look like 'interlacing' type lines, I am guess it has something to do with your output settings - maybe it's outputting in 720i (i = interlaced) instead of P (P=progressive)..
I know nothing about Vegas (havn't used it since before 1080P was even invented!) but double-check all of your settings and/or try outputting in 720P instead of 1080. Maybe make some test videos with different settings and upload them as private to test and see which looks best.

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well there's your problem, right there!
Seriously though... The lines only show when playing in 1080 - when I view in 720, it looks fine. Because of this and because the lines look like 'interlacing' type lines, I am guess it has something to do with your output settings - maybe it's outputting in 720i (i = interlaced) instead of P (P=progressive)..
I know nothing about Vegas (havn't used it since before 1080P was even invented!) but double-check all of your settings and/or try outputting in 720P instead of 1080. Maybe make some test videos with different settings and upload them as private to test and see which looks best.
Thank you very much, I'll try that!! :bounce:

Reactions: The NotARubicon!

chrispcgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree Vegas is junk. I had a free copy and tossed it.

Adobe Premiere Pro works best.

Reactions: Lauramillanmu

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree Vegas is junk. I had a free copy and tossed it.

Adobe Premiere Pro works best.
No ones seems to like it, but I do :bounce: I will probably try that one when I get better at editing, but I feel Sony Vegas might be easier to use...

chrispcgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No ones seems to like it, but I do :bounce: I will probably try that one when I get better at editing, but I feel Sony Vegas might be easier to use...
Well, its slow and kinda weird.

I had a free trial of Adobe Premiere Pro before I used Vegas so I was spoiled I guess.

If you like using it than keep using it.

Its better then Movie Maker. :wavespin:

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a free trial of Adobe Premiere Pro before I used Vegas so I was spoiled I guess.

If you like using it than keep using it.

Its better then Movie Maker. :wavespin:
Maybe haha
I used Movie Maker for a week and I was desperatly searching for an alternative, so maybe I was the opposite of spoiled...:crying:

Reactions: chrispcgaming

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi everyone! I'm Laura and I'm fairly new with Youtube and with editing.

Lately I've been having this problem with my videos in which, in Youtube, lines appear whenever there is movement in 1080p (if you want to see what I'm talking about, just watch the intro of my newest video, lines everywhere :confused::confused:).

I use Sony Vegas to edit and I think it may have something to do with the rendering of the video.

Do you have any tips I could use? I have tried different rendering settings, but it hasn't worked.

Thanks!!
I can't really see anything on my cell phone, I can try to look on my pc when I get home. What codec do you use when rendering? I recommend h.264 YouTube 1080p if it's available. Did you by chance export it as interlaced? 1080i? If you can provide a screen shot with your render settings I can help you more.

Reactions: Lauramillanmu