Hello guys i need your help!

Taproot

Reaction score
I would like to do a video like this to talk about the coronavirus situation in my city in north Italy where i live

I have photoshop 6, Openshot, of course i can download any free programme out there, i have headphone with micropone, the one you use to talk and listen via skype, i dont have a special/spefic device to record voice and i cant go out to buy any of course...i have also a microphone i use when i sing with my band

Can you put me in the right track...what i should to record a video like the one i showed you?

Thank you very much!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I have photoshop 6, Openshot, of course i can download any free programme out there, i have headphone with micropone, the one you use to talk and listen via skype, i dont have a special/spefic device to record voice and i cant go out to buy any of course...i have also a microphone i use when i sing with my band

Can you put me in the right track...what i should to record a video like the one i showed you?

Thank you very much!

Here is one possibility:

Write the presentation
---------------------------------
You could use Microsoft PowerPoint and on each "slide", you put the photos, text and arrows etc. You move forward each slide with the keyboard.
When you have written the presentation, you then need to record yourself. You will run 2 pieces of software at the same time - 1 for the audio and 1 for the video (visuals):

Record the presentation
-----------------------------------
1) To record your voice, buy a USB microphone that you connect to your computer. Install free audio software "Audacity" ( https://www.audacityteam.org/ ) to record your voice. Save the file as a "WAV".
2) Get some screen recording software. I advise you to google "screen recording software" - There are lots of options. You use that software to record your screen and create the "video" file. Save file as WMV or maybe even MP4 or AVI. You should do lots of tests anyway to see which format works best.

Post production
-----------------------
You now need to merge the audio file and the video file to create one single video file that you can upload to Youtube. You will do that with some editing software. Again, google "video editing software" - I can recommend "filmora" but there are many others. The challenge here will be to synchronise the audio with the video so that it matches. You will have to practise cutting / moving the longer file so that the timelines match. Once they are synchronised, you lock them. You can then cut out parts that you don't want (from both input files so that it stays synched) Example: If you cough, you cut that out etc. After you have synched and edited, you output the file in a format that Youtube accepts. Again you should experiment. There are lots of tutorials for filmora and other editing software.

Important: make sure the FPS setting of your "screen recording" software (see above) matches the FPS setting that you use to output the final video in your editing software. If they do NOT match, the audio and video will not be synched in the final file.

It's a long process at first when you test all the different formats and methods but it's quite quick when you get some practice.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Taproot

Reaction score
Ok Thank you very much for your answer!

I just found out that windows 10 has a recording tool built in, tried works very well and very easy to use. The only problem is that the audio sucks, its not like the audio on the video i posted, its more like the audio you send to a friend using watsap...with stuff you hear on the background

We are on a lackdown there is no way i can by new stuff, also i need more for food until the goverment gives us other money. You can only order food anyway...

So i tired my USB headset with mic, the idea is to talk and record at the same time while i highlight stuff on the presentation, do you think its feasible?

If not, do you think i can download audacity and use the usb headset to record the audio part? it has a mic built in, i know a usb mic is idea i just cant buy anything and since the quarantine started amazon only ships essential stuff like food and toilet paper

anyway thank you very much i think i'm already in the right track!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ok Thank you very much for your answer!

I just found out that windows 10 has a recording tool built in, tried works very well and very easy to use. The only problem is that the audio sucks, its not like the audio on the video i posted, its more like the audio you send to a friend using watsap...with stuff you hear on the background

We are on a lackdown there is no way i can by new stuff, also i need more for food until the goverment gives us other money. You can only order food anyway...

So i tired my USB headset with mic, the idea is to talk and record at the same time while i highlight stuff on the presentation, do you think its feasible?

If not, do you think i can download audacity and use the usb headset to record the audio part? it has a mic built in, i know a usb mic is idea i just cant buy anything and since the quarantine started amazon only ships essential stuff like food and toilet paper

anyway thank you very much i think i'm already in the right track!

You should definitely record the audio separately with audacity because audacity has a lot of features that improve the audio quality (noise reduction filters to filter background noise and normalization to adjust the amplitude etc).

My advice to start - Forget the presentation and visuals for now. Practice recording some test audio with your microphone and audacity and then practise using those 2 filters to clean up the audio. ("normalization" and "noise reduction" - Both are explained on the audacity website) - Then save the audio as a WAV.

After you have mastered the audio, then do the same test with screen recording.

Then finally, try doing a presentation with both the audio and video and practise the editing and post production.

Taproot

Reaction score
ok thank you! I'll start downloading audacity now

Reactions: Crown