Have you ever worked with "Viral Nation?"

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
I just now learned about an Influencer agency called "Viral Nation" (https://www.viralnation.com/). I learned about them through this article:

"How and why do influencers make so much money? The head of an influencer agency explains."
(https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/...ing-social-media-engagement-instagram-youtube)

Apparently, the agency works with connecting social media influnecers with brands wanting to promote a product or service. The above interview/article mentions working with "micro-influencers" which he defines as, "someone that has 10,000 to 50,000 followers," as well as mentions something called "nanoinfluencers," which he defines as, "people with smaller followings." And he also mentions working with influencers with much bigger social media followings. I guess that means they work with pretty much everyone? :unsure:

Anyway, the "Viral Nation" website has an application page for both brands wanting to advertise, and social media influencers who want to join the network. I thought it looked interesting, and his interview was neat to read (his $ amount for smaller influencers like me seemed too ambitious, imo), but I was wondering if anyone on YTtalk has heard of them or worked with them before? If you have, what was your experience? What's the application process like? :eek:

From the interview, it sounds like they have worked with some really huge YouTubers, so I thought it seemed kind of strange that he mentioned also working with much smaller YouTubers -- I think that's pretty rare nowadays. I need to read and look into their website more, but I thought I'd see what you guys think, too!

I love the term nanoinfluencer :) lol

I take it you didn't go far enough to sign up then and find out more? I looked at a similar website recently and got half way through joining only to then get presented with the part where they want your full access and passwords to your google/youtube account - then I discontinued.. backtracked and deleted everything I'd entered.

I take it you didn't go far enough to sign up then and find out more? I looked at a similar website recently and got half way through joining only to then get presented with the part where they want your full access and passwords to your google/youtube account - then I discontinued.. backtracked and deleted everything I'd entered.
I haven't filled anything out yet. I wanted to read more about it and dig up negative reviews to read first lol. I don't believe much about anything until I can read negative reviews... :eek: Based on how silly or horrendous the bad reviews are seems to be a decent way I can guess how good or bad something actually is. ^^

But the initial form is just a textbox to fill out your name, and then another textbox to list your channel/social media pages. Most networks connect to your channel to run ads on it, so it doesn't surprise me some places would need to do that -- but this to me sounded more like a link to brand deals, not adsense. I need to dig more... :eek:

I have never approached a marketing influencers, though I have heard of a few. This may be worth investigating.

"Nanoinfluencer" - A polite way of saying your channel is too small... :bounce:

Milli micro nano pico femto ato.

No need to google this. Capacitors values down stopped at pico but we had to remember all :D :p 15 years of my life...

Ontopic,
Toronto & NY offices. No Europe yet. I don,t know...
Oh ya I know too. I just wonder if someone with 15 subscribers would try to use that word. If they were smart enough. The whole thing is a ploy to Hoover up as many small channels as possible. Probably end up selling to their friends and family a la Cut Co

I haven't sent them my info yet because I don't think my followings on my separate social media sites are big enough, but I want see what happens if I contact them a little later. :) I was just curious if anyone else had worked with them, and what it was like...but I guess not... :eek:

Back