Have any of you guys struggled to find a collaborator?

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've struggled many times to find vocalists who want to collaborate. However. I'm so grateful to find one here on this forum who was active, passionate, and talented. I've got to collaborate with him and it was successful. Other than that I've struggled to find other vocalists. There are many reasons, but here are a few things why I've struggled.

1. They are not what I want
2. They are not active or just go silent when contacting them
3. Nothing gets accomplished due to lack of motivation or laziness

Have any of you guys have any experiences like this or maybe something different?

Reactions: CMTXRATED

Dryve

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Finding someone good to collaborate with is very difficult! I tend to only collaborate with people I know personally, and that works very well for me. :)

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I struggle with finding collaborations, I can never find the right people. It's hard to find people who have similar content, have about the same subs, and are going to be serious with collabs.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I've struggled many times to find vocalists who want to collaborate. However. I'm so grateful to find one here on this forum who was active, passionate, and talented. I've got to collaborate with him and it was successful. Other than that I've struggled to find other vocalists. There are many reasons, but here are a few things why I've struggled.

1. They are not what I want
2. They are not active or just go silent when contacting them
3. Nothing gets accomplished due to lack of motivation or laziness

Have any of you guys have any experiences like this or maybe something different?
Feel your pain, I've got one collab at the moment but I can only record on saturday when I upload everyday

Emily Pruna

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I myself have been have such collaboration struggles! I don't know what it is but I've tried to reach out with people to collab and have had little to know luck. BTW if you still need a vocalist hit me up, I'm a vocalist who can't play any instruments who has been trying to collab with people

--------------------

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Finding a collaborator isn't hard for me. Finding the right collaborators is another story.

I like people who have energy, personality, who care about their work, and who have a sense of humor. I've met people with 3 of those 4 qualities and it just wasn't enough, some of them with much larger audiences than mine.

When you find the right people who you seem to connect best with, that ends up showing in your videos. I found a really good example of a person who fits what I'm looking for and his name is Porcupixel. We have good chemistry when we play games and we both take the time to put the spotlight on each other when producing collaboration videos.

Even the Three Stooges are a great example of good chemistry. In character, they don't always get along but there's that sense of unity that gets them through whatever situations they face, and they couldn't have done it without each other.

Erin Astrid

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I think you need to change the strategy - rather than finding people to collaborate - just make friends on youtube, If you gonna "click" then it's gonna be easy to actually collab:)