Has anybody ever paid to promote a video on Reddit? How did it go?

Little World View

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure if anybody has done this on this forum but I'm wondering about it since most of my views come from there.

If you have done this:
Did it work well for your channel?
How much did you pay?
Would you recommend it?

Cheers!

Invisible

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did a test for a few dollars (7$ & 7$ for 2 ads), i promoted a game video from my YT channel:

1-st ad: on one broad gaming directory: was a waste of money as cpc in my case was 0.21$ which i find is way too high for promoting video.

2-nd ad: for more narrow directory: cpc was good (0.02$) but i got only a few impressions and few clicks during several days, and finally, after few days, Reddit refunded me those few dollars that were deposited probably because they decided they could not deliver ads for it in timely manner.

p.s. i have not requested to refund - they decided to do that, instead of letting slowly deposited money to go in to the ad shows.

So my opinion is not worth wasting time / money on it, at least for now, but thats just my opinion + who knows, they may improve something in the future :)

I thought to mention a couple of pluses though:

1. You can try it for only few dollars, no need to deposit big money to test, so many people can afford to try it.
2. They have detailed stats of ad run so you can see if ad performs good for your needs.

Last edited:

BrotoNBA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Redditors really hate ads, and I'm sure a huge percentage of their users use an ad blocker, so I might try to find another place to advertise.

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tried once with a LP video, I don't even remember which was. I put as a budget 8 euro if I remember correctly (it should be almost the same in dollars) and I put it for a week. The results were useless, I received 2 bad comments and almost no result (also I was refunded of all the money I spent). I think that that type of promotion on Reddit can be really risk and you need to choose wisely which subreddits to target and I think also titling the ad in the right way can be good.
But in the end I wouldn't rely so much on that!

My Mind of Madness

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
why pay? there are plenty of sub reddits that you can join and promote your videos for free..... newtubers is one