Green screen and Camera

Tye

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Channel Type
Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
Hi can anyone recommend a good screen preferably not too large! And can any camera work well with a green screen, i was looking at the Logitech c920 but if there’s any other recommendations!

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Pretty much any camera will work. The lighting & shadows are more important than the camera. I made my own green screen for under $20. I bought 8 meters of a good green cloth, sewed it into a 4 m by 3 m rectangle. There is one seam down the middle but that has never been an issue with the chroma key. I bought 2 light fixtures and 2 umbrellas, with a silver "metallic" inside, as light diffusers. I do not have a frame for the cloth, but just use clips to hold it to the curtain rod on our front porch. Sometimes I drape it on the floor, depending on the need.

I made sure the cloth was not too shiny, and no patterns. Smooth, nicely green, not neon, and keep the shadows off of it.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video editing / technology discussion forum. :)

Fazza

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've got a collapsible green screen (well actually, it's green on one side and blue on the other) it works well with the Logitech software that came with my webcam as there is an option to use a green or blue screen built in to it. Not really used it for much yet... mainly silly backgrounds when video conferencing work colleagues!

Reactions: LandyVlad