Great Sub growth after being on the front page of Reddit's r/videos [charts included]

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im so glad you said you also find it difficult to use as I was starting to get annoyed with myself for not being able to figure out how to properly use the Reddit. I can even find the subreddits I subscribed to :confused:
I just checked my YouTube analytics and the majority of my views have come from Reddit and I only posted it in one subreddit. So I guess its worth while learning to use the site properly!
Great, now I am glad I am not the only one that gets confused with it. Since it was so confusing I ignored it but it seems that it is a great way to expose your channel, and I have seen posts passing through where people mentioned expose on reddit and surprisingly never mention twitter and facebook. I guess its because you need friends or followers and on reddit it is the other way around. I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend other then creating videos

Reactions: KateLovesDiy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Cool stuff. The dip in retention doesn't look all that bad considering you had thousands of fickle redditors clicking your video. Congrats on the moment of fame!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Im so glad you said you also find it difficult to use as I was starting to get annoyed with myself for not being able to figure out how to properly use the Reddit. I can even find the subreddits I subscribed to :confused:
I just checked my YouTube analytics and the majority of my views have come from Reddit and I only posted it in one subreddit. So I guess its worth while learning to use the site properly!
I've spent a couple of hours on reddit today and still find it confusing. It took me 45 minutes just to figure out how to post on there! I had to google "how to post on reddit"...:cautious2:

KateLovesDiy

Reaction score
I've spent a couple of hours on reddit today and still find it confusing. It took me 45 minutes just to figure out how to post on there! I had to google "how to post on reddit"...:cautious2:
I don't know all that much about Reddit other than you have to be careful where you post your video, or people get annoyed.
Find subreddits in your niche and post your videos there.

I checked out your channel and your videos are very informative and well edited. If you find the right forums and subreddits to post your videos I'm sure you'll see an increase in views.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cool stuff. The dip in retention doesn't look all that bad considering you had thousands of fickle redditors clicking your video. Congrats on the moment of fame!
I expected the drop. I wonder if this will have an impact on the youtube algorithm suggesting my video though. Only time will tell.[DOUBLEPOST=1478936455,1478881915][/DOUBLEPOST]
Super-interesting post, thanks. I signed up to reddit this morning. I wanted to post my latest video on the "videos" subreddit that has about 13,000,000 subscribers, then I read that new reddit users can't do that so I've posted on a smaller subreddit instead. To be honest I find the reddit site confusing and difficult to use, but it looks like you can achieve good results if you stick with it.
If you frequent r/videos, you'll notice that there are a handful of youtubers whose content is automatically upvoted to the front page (CGP Grey, Hydraulic Press, Casually Explained, GradeA, VideoGameDunkey). Once reddit has decided that they like a creator, they latch on like no tomorrow.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale