Giveaways or contests to help draw traffic to channel

Action Toys Fun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello! I'm interested in doing a giveaway or contest somewhere like Facebook perhaps to help promote my channel. Anyone have any experience with this that would be willing to offer advice? I've never done anything like that before and I am new to Facebook and just started building a page to link to my Youtube channel not too long ago. I get a few visitors there from time to time, but (it's hard to say it) my page currently has 0 likes, 0 friends. (Ouch! That hurt! Well, you have to start somewhere!)

Reactions: Ina

Missilebomb

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can't say about the contest itself, but Facebook pages don't seem to draw a lot of attention. I'd suggest twitter so you can get in on the popular hashtag things I never use.

Reactions: Ina

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally wouldn't use giveaways as a draw to your channel since the likelyhood of people sticking around after the giveaway is pretty low and you may end up giving something away to a person who hasn't even watched a video

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If they don't win the giveaway, they probably won't stay for very long unless they really like your content, so that's not a very good strategy to me.

Reactions: TripSide

Action Toys Fun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just stopped by and saw a few responses and wanted to say "thank you"[DOUBLEPOST=1460436476,1460436370][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can't say about the contest itself, but Facebook pages don't seem to draw a lot of attention. I'd suggest twitter so you can get in on the popular hashtag things I never use.
Ok, I have a twitter account I'm working on growing as well. Still need to learn about hashtags.
Thanks

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think this is debatable. I've followed some Youtubers in the course of 4-5 years whose grown to millions of subscribers who started off using giveaways. If you make the giveaways consistent, like a in a weekly basis, even the people who were initially just subscribed for the gift will keep getting exposed to you, and eventually might like your content.

Missilebomb

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think this is debatable. I've followed some Youtubers in the course of 4-5 years whose grown to millions of subscribers who started off using giveaways. If you make the giveaways consistent, like a in a weekly basis, even the people who were initially just subscribed for the gift will keep getting exposed to you, and eventually might like your content.
You probably don't want to do giveaways with large monetary value if you are doing this though

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well this is why I suggest for people to do giveaways that are in high demand but costs nothing for you and you have an infinite supply of. An example is writing an E-book about something you know that very little people know about. I'm in the process of writing how to rank high on Youtube searches even with little views. My two strategies in the future will be giving an E-book for free to get people to join my email subscription lists, and giving a way a few E-books every week to 10 random people if they follow the requirements.

Other things you can give away are:
Exclusive videos
Audio books
Coupons
1 on 1 consultations with you

Last edited:
Reactions: KellyKapovski

Action Toys Fun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well this is why I suggest for people to do giveaways that are in high demand but costs nothing for you and you have an infinite supply of. An example is writing an E-book about something you know that very little people know about. I'm in the process of writing how to rank high on Youtube searches even with little views. My two strategies in the future will be giving an E-book for free to get people to join my email subscription lists, and giving a way a few E-books every week to 10 random people if they follow the requirements.

Other things you can give away are:
Exclusive videos
Audio books
Coupons
1 on 1 consultations with you
These are good ideas! Thank you for sharing them!