Getting used to speaking to a camera

Stoner Gamer

Yttalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How has it been for everyone trying to talk to a camera for the first time. I find it a bit weird at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. What helps you?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont. Make drawings instead:) I´m not sure I will ever go on camera on my channel:tongue:

Reactions: Stoner Gamer

KiahOnFire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to just ramble about anything on mic xD or just games, you look really weird doing it alone but it's good practice to make good commentary.
Practice practice practice.
Try to imagine like your camera being like a best mate or something.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yea, I don't show up on camera either. I just record audio, and pretend that I'm talking to a friend.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I first started making videos I was really quite and nervous and it felt a little weird speaking to camera, but I got better at doing it over time. You will get use to talking to the camera eventually it just takes time.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Totally know what you mean. I don't record myself on camera for my videos, however I do record my voice which was extremely weird as I wasn't used to it. Weirdness, awkwardness, all of those good things may come at first but after a while of doing it you get much more used to it! it may never become as normal as not being on camera, but it will definitely get less weirder as you get used to it and do it more!

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
100% after with others about pretending you’re talking to a friend. Also after about 50 videos I didn’t even think about it anymore

Stoner Gamer

Yttalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you so much for the advice guys. Very much appreciated. Was defo a lot of help.