Getting rid of hiss in room tone

Jayel_Boss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
H A L L O W . People of the red sea we call the internet i am recently in the process of making a short film and i was curious. Is it possible to get rid of the hissing sound in my roomtone?? Now i know it may come down to stuff like better mics ,good recorders and what not, and i have audacity but using the denoiser makes the audio all pixilie which is probably because there are no vocals present in the room tone. I was just curious to see if it is possible to get rid of the hiss. Thanks Guys!!!!!!

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Those come from your mic connection. Popular with mics with USB connection who don't have pre-amps. But denoiser should fix it, atleast most of it. You're probably using bad settings if you're hearing artifacts. Usually you select region where you can hear the noise by itself without your voice and every denoiser has settings to scan it for reference and then select your whole audio and apply.

Jayel_Boss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Those come from your mic connection. Popular with mics with USB connection who don't have pre-amps. But denoiser should fix it, atleast most of it. You're probably using bad settings if you're hearing artifacts. Usually you select region where you can hear the noise by itself without your voice and every denoiser has settings to scan it for reference and then select your whole audio and apply.
You say im using the wrong settings can you help me straighten it out would you.

I have a tascam dr-49
i use the mp3 format
i think i record at 48db
and that is all the info i could give at the moment sorry for the very little info[DOUBLEPOST=1466566719,1466566694][/DOUBLEPOST]its dr-40