Get traffic on your videos from Reddit

Ayush

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
Hey,

I recently experienced 1000 views overnight which is a LOT for a new video on my channel. Here's what I did:

I went to reddit, found a relevant subreddit and posted it as a link. I started getting about 50 views every hour and my video was on the front page of that subreddit. I think many of you can achieve this by using short and descriptive titles for your reddit post and that's it.

After that you can tell your friends, and be patient about it.

I hope this helps.

-Ayush

Reactions: Madalin

niksha992

Why so Serious??? :P
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know how to find relevant subrededit.... I don't even know what that mean. Rededit is so mess up. Can you help me with that? :)

Reactions: JPSRose

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
Hey,

I recently experienced 1000 views overnight which is a LOT for a new video on my channel. Here's what I did:

I went to reddit, found a relevant subreddit and posted it as a link. I started getting about 50 views every hour and my video was on the front page of that subreddit. I think many of you can achieve this by using short and descriptive titles for your reddit post and that's it.

After that you can tell your friends, and be patient about it.

I hope this helps.

-Ayush
Did you post it your video as yourself? Meaning, "Hey Reddit users: I made this video, you should watch!" or did you say, "Hey guys, I just found this cool video that's relevant to this page!" What'd you say and as who?

Reactions: Ngoc Tuyen

Ayush

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
Did you post it your video as yourself? Meaning, "Hey Reddit users: I made this video, you should watch!" or did you say, "Hey guys, I just found this cool video that's relevant to this page!" What'd you say and as who?
I made a video on how to hide apps on an iPhone on iOS 7 without jailbreak. I named it: Hide apps on iOS 7 without jailbreak.

Post it as a link. Not text post.

niksha992

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do same thing as Ayush... I just go in gaming section, and post new link, tittle was something about game i was playing.

BattleGeekPlus

Ready to AWESOME!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
I'm not getting too much traffic from reddit whenever I post a video, but I get more traffic for funny images or discussions.

Maybe I need to find better subreddits.

niksha992

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't even know how to find subrededit. Can someone help me???

BattleGeekPlus

Ready to AWESOME!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Been getting flamed pretty bad on reddit whenever I post a video. Haha.

I tend to get more good link karma when I post a funny image.