• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

G'day Gang! 1000 Subscribers and a question for you all.

GameolioDan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
G'day! Just rocked over the 1K mark a short while ago and it's been a great year so far getting to that point.

Just wondering for folks who journeyed past that point, whether you noticed much of a difference in activity? It must just be a strange coincidence, and perhaps some of the more popular videos I had have had their day, but when I popped over the 1K mark, everything on my channel started to decrease. A couple times this week I checked my realtime stats in analytics and there were 0 views and needed a refresh to get it working again. Something I had not experienced prior to the 1K mark.

Again, it may just all be coincidence, but just wondering if anyone else noticed anything similar or could share your experiences after crossing 1K.

Either way, it's been a fun year and looking forward to the next couple of months :)

Cheers Gang!

Dan (GameolioDan)

Reactions: xingcat

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congrats on the 1K mark! I haven't noticed too much of an impact of any of the major milestones I've hit so far on day-to-day views, other than that they move up in relation to the number of subscribers.

Reactions: GameolioDan

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've had mine slow down from 1900 - 2000 and now that I reached 2k it's picking up again maybe even more than before I'm receiving more comments than I've ever gotten

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
G'day! Just rocked over the 1K mark a short while ago and it's been a great year so far getting to that point.

Just wondering for folks who journeyed past that point, whether you noticed much of a difference in activity? It must just be a strange coincidence, and perhaps some of the more popular videos I had have had their day, but when I popped over the 1K mark, everything on my channel started to decrease. A couple times this week I checked my realtime stats in analytics and there were 0 views and needed a refresh to get it working again. Something I had not experienced prior to the 1K mark.

Again, it may just all be coincidence, but just wondering if anyone else noticed anything similar or could share your experiences after crossing 1K.

Either way, it's been a fun year and looking forward to the next couple of months :)

Cheers Gang!

Dan (GameolioDan)
I got 1,000 subs about the same time as I had my first big numbered video. Because of this, I don't know if my channel did pretty great that week because of the 1,000 sub milestone or because of the video views on that one video. Anyway, after that video died down and about a week after I hit that 1,000 subs, my views slowed greatly. Was the first time that I experienced such a high and then immediately such a low on my channel. Can really screw with yourself mentally.

So, again, not sure if it was a slowdown after the 1k mark or if YT was trying to keep my ego in check after my video did pretty well. I will say that I am now approaching 5k subs and I haven't see any substantial boosts in views or subs since 1k.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont remember much of a change and it took about the same amount of time to hit 2k subs. It was after I hit 2k subs that things started to really move.

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Firstly, congratulations on 1000 subscribers! I don't know if there's any truth to this but I've heard from several people that as you grow in subs, YouTube scrutinizes your channel more. Apparently when you have a smaller channel just someone opening your video for a few seconds counts as a view but when you have over a certain number of subs/views, 30+ seconds counts as a view. Again, I don't know if there's any hard evidence to support any of this

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Firstly, congratulations on 1000 subscribers! I don't know if there's any truth to this but I've heard from several people that as you grow in subs, YouTube scrutinizes your channel more. Apparently when you have a smaller channel just someone opening your video for a few seconds counts as a view but when you have over a certain number of subs/views, 30+ seconds counts as a view. Again, I don't know if there's any hard evidence to support any of this
that seems highly untrue.

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
When it comes to activity, I think it depends on the topic of the video and the community you are in. Some of my uploads get like no comments or likes, but others from a whole year ago are still getting interaction and discussions going in the comments.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Congratulations on the 1000 subs, I remember what an exciting milestone that is to reach.

There was no significant difference after 1000 subs for me, but as I get more subs the peaks get higher and the troughs seem lower... Growth seemed to accelerate a lot after 5000 subs, but I also released a particularly popular video around that time so I don't think the number of subs made the difference.

Reactions: Austerpower

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Congratulations on the 1000 subs, I remember what an exciting milestone that is to reach.

There was no significant difference after 1000 subs for me, but as I get more subs the peaks get higher and the troughs seem lower... Growth seemed to accelerate a lot after 5000 subs, but I also released a particularly popular video around that time so I don't think the number of subs made the difference.
damn how'd you get into the yacht industry. I was once offered a course at a grad fair on yacht sailing. Seemed cool but expensive.