Gateway videos, the complete guide!

PsySpy Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The guide itself is extremely vague. But using the examples of your videos did help me understand a bit. Eg, heavily heavily edited videos with tons of little tiny cuts, music, and effects. Now, if I knew anything beyond the very basics of editing, I might actually try that.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The guide itself is extremely vague. But using the examples of your videos did help me understand a bit. Eg, heavily heavily edited videos with tons of little tiny cuts, music, and effects. Now, if I knew anything beyond the very basics of editing, I might actually try that.
I'd have to agree. I understand that a gateway video is a video that helps drive more traffic. I'd assume though the gateway videos tend to deal with more trending topics or more higher searched evergreen content such as how-tos?

AussieJoshie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So essentially just a quality video that makes people want to look at your content? Shouldn't that just be the goal of every video to an extent?
Exactly our thoughts. Every video you do should be quality and make people want more.
We don't think it's something you can set out to do - to make a 'gateway' video.
:)

MyToyPals

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What if the gateway video does not relate to your channel and creates many views?