Gaming Channel Review

Poondeh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I'm gonna say right now outright. I know I'm new.
Well, sorta.
I had a YouTube channel before this one and I would call it a semi-success (800 subs or so).
I wanted to start fresh since I wanted to make different content, and found a new channel to be a better answer. Most of my old channels subscribers were inactive.

So I only have 4 videos, 3 if you take out the terrible introduction video I made xD
What I'd like to know is if I'm going in the right direction with my content. Better to start improving right at the beginning :)

ps. I know the art is terrible, I'm gonna update it soon enough :p Possibly a new intro too. I prefer doing everything myself rather than using templates :)

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello!

• I wouldn't say the art is terrible, perhaps a few changes here and there would be good, but oh well. It's -quite okay- in my eyes. (I do respect the fact you're doing everything yourself. It says a lot.) (I thought the thumbnail of your latest video was the best looking one).
  • It's nice that you take your time to write at least a couple of sentences about every video.
  • Endscreen in the end of the video is always a nice attribute as well. Perhaps you should think of some kind of dynamic background to make it look more professional and simply more interesting.
  • I'd definitely recommend to write a channel's description as well. Tell people what they could expect of you and your channel. Perhaps name a specific day of the week when they could expect new uploads from you.
  • Also, since the audience isn't so big right now, I'd say to try to get them involved. 'Heart' the comments. Reply to them. Ask to leave a like (I do that via endscreen to not seem desperate, hehe).
Now, for the videos - I'm not into these games really, except for CS GO, but that's what I could say about them from my perspective:

1) I like your voice. Seems fitting.
2) I like that the videos aren't static. There's a lot happening. Sharp cuts & stuff - I really liked that. Makes you think that you got rid of all the boring, nothing-special kind of moments, so the viewer gets to see all the remaining - best - ones.
3) I really enjoyed "Meme Park INC"'. You brought something new into your gaming-only content. That musical bit worked as a nice intro, and overall created a very good vibe.
4) I'd recommend to play with audio / video effects a little bit more. Yeah, the videos aren't static, that's for sure, but these, if put into correct / fitting bits, would make everything even more entertaining.
5) Always try to look for ways to spice up your content. Meme Park INC is a good example of that. Look for the ways to add something extra to your videos - memes, references, pictures, other videos, gifs, whatever works.

Overall, I think, the future looks promising.
Best of luck c:

Poondeh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Hello!

• I wouldn't say the art is terrible, perhaps a few changes here and there would be good, but oh well. It's -quite okay- in my eyes. (I do respect the fact you're doing everything yourself. It says a lot.) (I thought the thumbnail of your latest video was the best looking one).
  • It's nice that you take your time to write at least a couple of sentences about every video.
  • Endscreen in the end of the video is always a nice attribute as well. Perhaps you should think of some kind of dynamic background to make it look more professional and simply more interesting.
  • I'd definitely recommend to write a channel's description as well. Tell people what they could expect of you and your channel. Perhaps name a specific day of the week when they could expect new uploads from you.
  • Also, since the audience isn't so big right now, I'd say to try to get them involved. 'Heart' the comments. Reply to them. Ask to leave a like (I do that via endscreen to not seem desperate, hehe).
Now, for the videos - I'm not into these games really, except for CS GO, but that's what I could say about them from my perspective:

1) I like your voice. Seems fitting.
2) I like that the videos aren't static. There's a lot happening. Sharp cuts & stuff - I really liked that. Makes you think that you got rid of all the boring, nothing-special kind of moments, so the viewer gets to see all the remaining - best - ones.
3) I really enjoyed "Meme Park INC"'. You brought something new into your gaming-only content. That musical bit worked as a nice intro, and overall created a very good vibe.
4) I'd recommend to play with audio / video effects a little bit more. Yeah, the videos aren't static, that's for sure, but these, if put into correct / fitting bits, would make everything even more entertaining.
5) Always try to look for ways to spice up your content. Meme Park INC is a good example of that. Look for the ways to add something extra to your videos - memes, references, pictures, other videos, gifs, whatever works.

Overall, I think, the future looks promising.
Best of luck c:
Wow dude :p I really appreciate the thorough review!
The art was just something thrown together at the start just as a placeholder :) I will definitely invest some time on making it pretty. I write the sentences just to give a bit of perspective on the video and add a little extra to SEO. I definitely need to do an endscreen, just trying to work up one that works well. Same with the intro, I find it not very memorable. Getting the audience involved is a very nice tip. I never even thought of using the new heart system or pinning comments.

Thanks for the compliment towards my voice ^.^ I thought since I'm Irish, it might be hard to understand.
I do cut out quite a lot of the spaced out sections with no commentary. Recordings can last up to an hour, and I don't think it'd make for an entertaining video.
Meme Park Inc was very much an experiment of sorts. I never made a video with a mixture of in real life elements along with gameplay. I'm definitely tempted to do more similar projects :)
I'm working with a new editing software, so still learning how it works. Half of the reason I haven't fiddled with sounds or video effects much. I will research it though :)
And adding spice is also another nice tip. I need some more attention grabbing parts during videos.

Thank you very much for doing this for me :) I checked out your channel to and you make some pretty quality stuff. You're very good at editing :D
Best of luck to you too!

Reactions: vMinti

Trekmon

Reaction score
can someone please leave some feedback of what they think of my channel?