G7X Mark III or DSLR?

opbmedia

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru
Nice! I'm just so torn atm, but for the time being I'll just use my phone and buy some accessories/add-ons. Think my iPhone 11 Pro can do just fine for now
When I was looking for a point and shoot, I saw a few comparisons where the iPhone 11 Pro main camera is almost as good as the RX100 I got in most scenarios. The main draw back is that you can't see what you are filming (I am too used to having a monitor) and that I didn't want to get a new phone yet. But I think you will be able to make great vids with it. Tripod and a decent mic will do you wonders. Each person's needs are unique, I would say make 10 vids and you will know exactly what you need to upgrade (or not at all).

Reactions: Colby Mullinax

Colby Mullinax

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
When I was looking for a point and shoot, I saw a few comparisons where the iPhone 11 Pro main camera is almost as good as the RX100 I got in most scenarios. The main draw back is that you can't see what you are filming (I am too used to having a monitor) and that I didn't want to get a new phone yet. But I think you will be able to make great vids with it. Tripod and a decent mic will do you wonders. Each person's needs are unique, I would say make 10 vids and you will know exactly what you need to upgrade (or not at all).
Nice! Yeah I've been wanting something with a flip out screen like the G7X Mark series xD but this'll do for now

Colby Mullinax

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
interesting to hear this, feel you, as I use two professional full frame cameras for events photo/video buttons are a must
anywho, was about to watch & give thumbs up, video coming tonight?
I wish I could upload today, but sadly I can't. Bout to call it a night/day. I work graveyard shifts so I'm usually sleeping during the days now unless I'm off for a few days straight

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I work graveyard shifts so I'm usually sleeping during the days now unless I'm off for a few days straight
in that case, YouTubing should probably be as less complex & stressful as possible,,,,, meaning simple camera gear(phone), simple editing & thumb design
the more complicated things are the less chance of any videos being uploaded

Colby Mullinax

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
in that case, YouTubing should probably be as less complex & stressful as possible,,,,, meaning simple camera gear(phone), simple editing & thumb design
the more complicated things are the less chance of any videos being uploaded
That is definitely a way to look at it. Seeing it in a different perspective makes it much better, thank you for that

opbmedia

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru
That is definitely a way to look at it. Seeing it in a different perspective makes it much better, thank you for that
Remove all the barriers/hurdles to entry. Start making and uploading. Then you will know what you need to get next. Or maybe nothing! Just get started with what you have.

Colby Mullinax

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Remove all the barriers/hurdles to entry. Start making and uploading. Then you will know what you need to get next. Or maybe nothing! Just get started with what you have.
It seems to no longer be alerting me for new notifications, but I greatly appreciate the info :) definitely gonna get started soon. Trying to figure out what will be my first video...