Freedom pledges to invest $100,000 for its smaller partners - Thoughts?

Sebas

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
After yesterday's announcement by Freedom/George Vanous (CEO) that they would create direct sponsorships for smaller partners (as low as 10 subscribers), today George has released a video putting an actual figure on their investment in smaller partners: $100,000 over a period of 12 months.

What are your thoughts on this? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hard to say if that's a generous amount without knowing how many smaller channels they have! But I guess $100k is better than nothing.

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
Hard to say if that's a generous amount without knowing how many smaller channels they have! But I guess $100k is better than nothing.
They have 65,000 channels.

With the price of the products they're offering they'll be able to offer a max of around 900-950.
That is ~1.5% with no growth in those 12 months.

My thoughts :
It's no doubt a good gesture and that is a great thing!

But I feel that with such a low coverage of their actual partner count, with such a significant amount they would have been better off investing it into something that would benefit all partners which leads me to thing they didn't really thing it through, they saw the negative comments the other day and decided to make a quick move to cover themselves.

That amount could have helped them make considerable in-roads with advertising sales or technology.

Epicoplayz

Reaction score
I tried Freedom when I had a vlog channel and I never really grew.

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
That is quite generous, no doubt about it, and Freedom are doing allot of great things from what I am seeing lately for their partners, but I agree with @Shane.C here, they could of put it into something more beneficial to their partners channels, sponsorships like this one aren't going to benefit very much the person, the Keyboards, Headsets,Gaming Mice etc. they're offering from the sponsorships are more of leisure items. Though no doubt very generous that they are choosing not the leave the smaller partners out and are still offering something to them, it's actually the first time I personally have seen a network do something like this to their small partners. +1 Freedom[DOUBLEPOST=1408389224,1408389071][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your network isn't going to magically make you grow. That's not what they're there for.
That's a very common thing that people think when they partner that networks are going to get them more views and subs, while they do offer tools to assist your growth, they rarely directly help you grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael and Sebas

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Any money going back into partners is a good thing, I think it is a good thing but as Shane said its only going to really be dished out to about 1k of their partners which is nice but will leave out a very high percentage of their partners.

Are these to be dished out to Freedom subnetworks/VN's too? If so how will it be divided between the partners under those networks? Is it only gaming channel equipment thats being bought or will they be offering other things to vloggers for example who wouldnt want nor need a headset? It certainly has me asking questions.

Reactions: RedFox

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Any money going back into partners is a good thing, I think it is a good thing but as Shane said its only going to really be dished out to about 1k of their partners which is nice but will leave out a very high percentage of their partners.

Are these to be dished out to Freedom subnetworks/VN's too? If so how will it be divided between the partners under those networks? Is it only gaming channel equipment thats being bought or will they be offering other things to vloggers for example who wouldnt want nor need a headset? It certainly has me asking questions.
By the looks of it it's only Gaming equipment like Mechanical Keyboards, Gaming Mice and Headsets.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
By the looks of it it's only Gaming equipment like Mechanical Keyboards, Gaming Mice and Headsets.
If that was my money I wouldnt have offered those then if I was to restrict it to one niche. It seems unfair to their other partners who could really do with equipment suited to the videos they make, tripods or softboxes for example. I would be willing to bet most of their partners are gamers which does make sense but I couldnt do it with it being quite unfair on those who would find the equipment useless.

I am interested in how they will be choosing who to give it to. Does anyone know the criteria to have a chance to get the equipment?

Reactions: RedFox

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is a dangerous path to take by saying 'Freedom Family' yet only a tiny percentage of channels will receive part of the $100K 'sponsorships'.

I suspect that it is a co-op advertising campaign with the vendor and that Freedom's cost is nowhere near $100K.

That being said, at least something is happening.