Free and decent video editing software?

Herc

Reaction score
Hello. I've never done video editing in such a way that I would like to start doing soon. Basically, all i want is to narrate a video while background images and videos are shown, plus music is playing. Background images must not be static on screen, but they should be zoomed in and other manipulations performed on them. Sorry, it is much easier to explain with examples, so I want to make video and editing just like this guy does. Take any of his video, but here is an example:

Sorry I am adding a link to this video on this forum for second time today, but I am just referring to it as I want to make videos really really close to this one.
So, you can see images manipulation at 0:16 - 0:25. The effects are like camera moves through images. So I just want something similar.

Are there any free software which I can use to accomplish this? Also, as I want to narrate, do I need a good microphone for it? Can you please explain me everything in details or point to some resources where i could learn?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Most editing programs have a free trial version. I suggest you try a few and see if they have everything you need.

I can recommend Filmora. They have a trial version (with watermarks) to test it and then you can pay for full version (approx $60) if it does what you need.

SpruceFish

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are looking for a good editing software for free. I'd reccomend DaVinci Resolve 16. I has a pretty steap learning curve, but it is the best free option out there rn

Reactions: Cyberdome

Ali The Konqueror

Reaction score
If you have a gaming channel and you cant afford a paid editing software, download OpenShot editing software.
This is not the best editing software but will get the job done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LandyVlad