(For Gamers on youtube)in keeping with the curiousity...?

Marriagestart

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm curious. i want to hear some real answers here, but still in curiosity. I'm using the community as i hope all of us do for some of these answers and to blather pointless thoughts that rattle around in my head. so here is today's question.

As a content creator with the real intent to make youtube a career and not a hobby, what is your one individual Alpha Viewer concept? The one person who would be your Perfect viewer. What do you see this person as? not just a one line thought. i want to know as much as you can think of about this one person.

and not to single out any of your other viewers, but we all have one specific image of that one person we think would be best for the channel. because that one person multiplies itself. we all know that such descriptions will ultimately end in including far more that it could possibly exclude.

the goal of this is the hope of helping many people struggling with their channel, to narrow down their viewers. I got the idea from some top posts here in the forum and I want to help as many people as possible overcome the barriers I am encountering myself, so they can become more than they thought they could. because nothing helps confidence like knowing you aren't in it alone.
We're all in this together, for better or worse!

~Manic the Mad Gamer of MarriageStart~

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The ideal viewer?

Someone who comments on every video, likes and watches every single thing I upload, and shares my video.

For the most part, my viewers have 2 of 3 down.

I guess also support me on Patreon.

Techy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I don't do gaming on youtube anymore, but I used to stream a lot on twitch. So basically when nobody was watching me this dude came and started chatting to me, which I always appreciate. So yeah he started chatting not only to me, but to others coming to see my stream, so he was a huge help. He even created a steam group for me and started managing it, announcing whenever I go live and stuff, it was great. But after a few months some of my acquaintances found out that I was streaming and you wouldn't believe how much hate I've gotten from them as I had to see them everyday. They got me to stop, which now that I think of it is really s**t thing to do. So anyways I recovered a few months later and started streaming again, this time I thought I just wouldn't pay any attention to them. And this guy who helped me set everything up, Months later he came back to my first "back" stream. That really made my day. I started streaming again. But in the end I burnt out. I just couldn't keep up with everything, I had new opportunities ahead of me. And streaming for 6-8h a week without any people coming to chat with me was depressing so I stopped again. And here I am, back combining my two passions gaming and PC hardware. I'm just hoping to see similar people stumble upon my channel now.

Hope this helped you in some way :)

Reactions: Marriagestart

Marriagestart

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The ideal viewer?

Someone who comments on every video, likes and watches every single thing I upload, and shares my video.

For the most part, my viewers have 2 of 3 down.

I guess also support me on Patreon.
perhaps i didn't explain it right.
such a broad statement! can you narrow it down further?
"the ONE specific person you are trying to reach"
not the best aspects of them. what are some specifics of that one person. describe them in detail. not what they do, but WHO they are.
wow....i feel like jack nicholson in "anger management"

~"don't tell me what you do, tell me WHO you are"~
lol[DOUBLEPOST=1466471427,1466470988][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't do gaming on youtube anymore, but I used to stream a lot on twitch. So basically when nobody was watching me this dude came and started chatting to me, which I always appreciate. So yeah he started chatting not only to me, but to others coming to see my stream, so he was a huge help. He even created a steam group for me and started managing it, announcing whenever I go live and stuff, it was great. But after a few months some of my acquaintances found out that I was streaming and you wouldn't believe how much hate I've gotten from them as I had to see them everyday. They got me to stop, which now that I think of it is really s**t thing to do. So anyways I recovered a few months later and started streaming again, this time I thought I just wouldn't pay any attention to them. And this guy who helped me set everything up, Months later he came back to my first "back" stream. That really made my day. I started streaming again. But in the end I burnt out. I just couldn't keep up with everything, I had new opportunities ahead of me. And streaming for 6-8h a week without any people coming to chat with me was depressing so I stopped again. And here I am, back combining my two passions gaming and PC hardware. I'm just hoping to see similar people stumble upon my channel now.

Hope this helped you in some way :)
by an inch or a mile, any help offered is a new friend gained! progress is progress, no matter how big or small!
Go you, man! still not exactly the answer i was looking for. But that is a compelling comeback story! I'll come check out your videos. Don't let the toxic side of youtube/twitch or ANYTHING you do break you down. these people are just jealous that they can not or at least will not, do what you do. show them you are a better person. bolster them, cheer them on. teach them that negativity isn't what you're after. and eventually, worst case you are rid of them or tune them out. best case? You make a new friend, who knows your struggle and understands what it is you are trying to do. Support, though fewer, goes miles farther than the negativity and toxic attitude they spread. Together, we can all accomplish anything. Stay positive, my friend! I have faith you will succeed for no other reason than you love what you do, and from the sounds of it, you love the community. why else would you keep comming back?! Go you techy.

(funny side note. i didn't even realize i've talked to you before. i'm already subbed to your channel from another post we talked on. and i didnt even realize it!)
you have my support. if you like my stuff check it out. but none of that sub4sub non-sense. we all know that's crap. but if not, I am still behind you my friend..
let's #MakeYoutubeGreatAgain together!
ALL OF US!!!

Reactions: Techy