Foam Board And Wrapping Paper Flat Base Or Background! Can It Be Done?

Have You Ever Used Dollar Store Items In Place Of More Expensive Photo And Video Shooting Items?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Might Try

• Never Will Try

• Yes Never Again

• Yes Love The Price

• Total voters

CosmoGalaxyQueen

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a few foam boards from the local dollar store and I purchased I believe 2 I might have purchased 3 not sure. I also have a few green poster board and some wallpaper that I plan to place on each side of the foam board. That way I have something nice and pretty to do flat display pictures on and such.

Has anyone else ever tried this before.

I plan to use cheaper dollar store items in place of name brand more expensive basic items.

If anyone can let me know what they have tried before and what did or didn't work please let me know or share a link to a video you have made or a video you know of that can give me some pointers.

Thank You!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, welcome to the forum & congrats on 1st post. I think your idea is great, no reason to get expensive stuff if less expensive does the job. DO you make YouTube videos? Here are a few forum tips:
you can make it easier for everyone here to find your channel by putting a link under name(age) like under mine TO THE LEFT OF THIS MSG - read my signature on HOW TO below this msg
I would also suggest to read FORUM RULES carefully https://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-rules-quick-and-easy-to-read.127266/

CosmoGalaxyQueen

Reaction score
I am sorry for asking for members to share there links to there videos on the forum. Instead just let me know if you know of any videos on youtube or if you have videos like the ones I'm asking for just say "I have some" or I know of some search terms that might help you find some videos. And just let me know like that I would not want anyone to get in trouble. Thank You!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am sorry for asking for members to share there links to there videos on the forum
you mean the video in my signature? that's there all the time

btw I often use cellphone to record sound or take product picture/video, instead of using more expansive gear, so using less expansive materials is definitely a good idea

Reactions: LandyVlad

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

I didn't buy an expensive mic stand. Instead, I use a pile of books and put the mic on top of that!

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Expense is ENTIRELY irrelevant.
As long as (insert thing here) does the job you want it to do - then it's sensible to spend as little as possible.

Not dollar store, per se, but its possible to make 'studio lights' lights etc MUCH cheaper than commercially available products and they can be 90% as good for 10% of the cost. Check out the channel 'DIY Perks' he has quite a number of projects of that nature.