Finally Made a Series That Does Well. What to do Next?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A few months ago, I decided to record a video of me opening my very first pack of Pokémon cards and that video beat all my expectations. Within its first hour, it got like 30 views, which is insane. My videos get around 10 views in total, so seeing how many it got in just an hour was incredible. Then it continued to slowly grow to around 60 views. Again, compared to how all of my other videos get around 10 views each total, this was like getting a 1m to me. It finally felt like my channel which has been failing for 4 years now, will finally take off. Since then I made a few more Pokémon TCG opening videos, one of which got the amazing view count of 197 (as of the making of this thread), all thanks to this Reddit user who helped advertise it. That video broke my channel's record for most views in one week. All my other Pokémon TCG opening videos all get around 60-70 views, which is insane for my channel, even though it still seems appalling for a 4 year old channel. So I have these super popular videos, but what can I do next. What can I do to fully capitalise on them and turn them into good growth for my channel?

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Turn your focus to that.

Personally I love trading card games, I'd be one of your viewers ;)

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Turn your focus to that.
Sadly, due to the high costs, I can only make them from time to time. And it's not like I can get money for it from YouTube. I only earned 12p from YouTube so far, and now they made it that channels with under 10,000 views (like mine) can't have ads on videos.

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have the same situation and the same problem:
- I started opening Pokemon cards a couple of years ago and I got a lot of views and some great feedback; they were my most viewed videos in a long time, gaining 100-300 views per video
- I had to stop because I didn't have enough money to keep buying all of the products; I uploaded a new video a month ago and it got maybe 18 views...

What should we do, if we love something and people on our subscribers enjoy the videos but we can't afford to keep up with the hobby?

Brenden

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have the same situation and the same problem:
- I started opening Pokemon cards a couple of years ago and I got a lot of views and some great feedback; they were my most viewed videos in a long time, gaining 100-300 views per video
- I had to stop because I didn't have enough money to keep buying all of the products; I uploaded a new video a month ago and it got maybe 18 views...

What should we do, if we love something and people on our subscribers enjoy the videos but we can't afford to keep up with the hobby?
Yeah that is a good point. Honestly, money does become a factor.

This is directed towards OP as well, maybe look to do a card video bi-weekly and have pokemon card centered videos, so on. I noticed a lot of big TCG YouTubers do that. They have videos discussing new sets, cards they think are great, so on. Because they don't make good money either, even the big Pokemon YouTubers like JWittz.

Reactions: ShireenPlaysYT

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

This is directed towards OP as well, maybe look to do a card video bi-weekly and have pokemon card centered videos, so on. I noticed a lot of big TCG YouTubers do that. They have videos discussing new sets, cards they think are great, so on. Because they don't make good money either, even the big Pokemon YouTubers like JWittz.
Yes, those are some good ideas!

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I do do Pokémon TCG videos that aren't just openings, however they don't do well. They only get around 30 views.

Brenden

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do do Pokémon TCG videos that aren't just openings, however they don't do well. They only get around 30 views.
With Pokemon themed videos you need to think about what people who like Pokemon want to see. I'm a huge Pokemon fan, so here's just some tips from the perspective of a viewer. Here are titles I would click on.

"5 Hidden Messages in Pokemon Cards"
"Cards that Bend The Rules"
"Upcoming Cards that will BREAK the game"

Things that get the viewers attention.

I wouldn't watch.

"My opinion on Gyarados"
"Why Gen 2 beats Gen 3"
"Playing Pokemon ep.1"

Reactions: ShireenPlaysYT