Feedback on my video and channel, please!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey!

I've asked for advice a number of times on this thread, so here I am again!

I recently made this video:

Please ignore the fact that the bird song sound effect in the background is too loud, this was totally a mistake during editing and I did not realise how loud it was before doing the 2nd round of exporting the video... My editing software can be a real jerk sometimes LOL

I wanted some feedback on the overall aesthetic of the video, Iknow my video looks quite peachy/pink, that is a purposeful 'effect' I overlay, I like how it looks personally. Thoughts?

I have previously asked about my 'transition' graphic (when I cut to videos of me trying on the clothes) which people said it happens too often, so I've made sure to condense the clips into one longer clip, and just have the transition at the start/end of that longer clip. Does this work?

Also, my camera quality is.... really not that great, which is frustrating, but I'm honestly not sure how to make it better without investing a lot of money into a camera I:
1. can't afford
2. can't make any money back from (my channel is no longer monitised)

I do use 2 soft box lights as well as a (pretty cheap, but still okay quality) ring light.

Also, how is my audio overall (other than the loud bird noises!) I have my mic mounted to the top of my camera, so it's not directly in front of me (I use a blue snowball mic)

Also any feedback on my overall channel looks would be really appreciated.
I feel like I haven't been able to talk to anyone or get any feedback for a long time, so I'm looking forward to hearing what people have to say!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
hi, what camera are you using? max video resolution is 720p, why not 1080p?
overall the channel & videos look fantastic, keep doing what you are doing

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hi, what camera are you using? max video resolution is 720p, why not 1080p?
overall the channel & videos look fantastic, keep doing what you are doing
I have exported videos at both 720p and 1080p and full screen on my laptop I cannot tell the difference between the quality of the two but 1080p videos over 5 minuets can take upwards of 6 hours to upload, and while they're uploading my internet is basically useless... 720p videos over 5 mins take around 1.5-2 hours to upload! It's wild LOL..

My camera is the lumix DMC-fz72 as far as I know. The quality is not great, I know... But I can't justify spending more money.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My camera is the lumix DMC-fz72 as far as I know. The quality is not great
Older camera yea, but if it works then it's all good, just keep using what you have. I started YouTubing with a cellphone, soon after got Sony a6000 =similar age compared to your lumix & now have Sony a6600 which is amazing for eye autofocusing, did a review on it, skip to 2:15-2:53