Family Adventures/Travels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started a family adventure/travel channel back in April. My first video wasn't very good in my opinion but it was fun to make. It is 17 mins long and I made it entirely on my iphone, even using imovie to create it. I have since moved on and got a gopro, drone, and still use my iphone for filming. I use adobe elements 15 to edit my videos. I think I've improved a lot and I am so enthusiastic about improving and making more videos. I would love for you to look at my channel and give me contructive feedback. You can give me advise on how to film, equipment, sounds, story, etc. I look forward to hearing from you and improving.

Channel link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkfZ-CKVpESBD9gpm30M_VA

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started a family adventure/travel channel back in April. My first video wasn't very good in my opinion but it was fun to make. It is 17 mins long and I made it entirely on my iphone, even using imovie to create it. I have since moved on and got a gopro, drone, and still use my iphone for filming. I use adobe elements 15 to edit my videos. I think I've improved a lot and I am so enthusiastic about improving and making more videos. I would love for you to look at my channel and give me contructive feedback. You can give me advise on how to film, equipment, sounds, story, etc. I look forward to hearing from you and improving.

Channel link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkfZ-CKVpESBD9gpm30M_VA
Hi :wavespin:

I just watched a few minutes of your Canada - Penticton Episode 1 video. My critique would be the sound. Work on fading out music when you decide to stop the music. You definitely want to work on dialing back the music when people are speaking. I could barely hear your daughter inside the car. Also, when you and your wife were at the lake, the sound of lake was much louder than your voice.

I never worked on editing audio but that is somethimg I'm going to try to do with my next video especially since I'll be inserting outside video and audio clips. It's all about playing with the audio controls which will all be new to me. :meh2:

Hope this helps. :unsure:

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi :wavespin:

I just watched a few minutes of your Canada - Penticton Episode 1 video. My critique would be the sound. Work on fading out music when you decide to stop the music. You definitely want to work on dialing back the music when people are speaking. I could barely hear your daughter inside the car. Also, when you and your wife were at the lake, the sound of lake was much louder than your voice.

I never worked on editing audio but that is somethimg I'm going to try to do with my next video especially since I'll be inserting outside video and audio clips. It's all about playing with the audio controls which will all be new to me. :meh2:

Hope this helps. :unsure:
Thanks a lot! I've been looking at fixing my audio for sure. Looking at microphone options for my gopro, so far none of them are great. There is one company coming out with a solution in Decmember (maybe) we'll see. If not I'll have to set up this wierd contraption that I've seen people use.

I really appreciate your honesty with your critique!

Reactions: veronica33067

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a lot! I've been looking at fixing my audio for sure. Looking at microphone options for my gopro, so far none of them are great. There is one company coming out with a solution in Decmember (maybe) we'll see. If not I'll have to set up this wierd contraption that I've seen people use.

I really appreciate your honesty with your critique!
No problem! :) Best of wishes! :thumbsup2: