notjamie

I've Got It
Hey guys, I have a second channel called SlimeCraft101 that has about 600 subscribers and I am going to share with you guys how to grow it and what I did.

Step 1. Find a server. Ideally, this server should have about 300-500 players on it regularly. It also helps if it's growing a lot. Also, make sure there aren't a lot of YouTubers on it already.

Step 2. Build a reputation. Before you even start thinking about making videos, you need to be 'popular' on the server. I know it sucks, but an easy way to do this is to buy a rank on the server. To get people to know you, talk in chat and be funny. Go on the forums and talk to people and engage in the community.

Step 3. Make a video or two. Make sure the video is high quality and edited. Also, an attractive thumbnail will help (there are loads of tutorials about that on Youtube already). This will build credibility once you get to the next step. Advertise your video on the server's forums so people will know that you have a YouTube channel.

Step 4. Host a giveaway. One of the things that I did (it may not be completely okay) is host a 50 subscriber giveaway... when I had 30 subscribers. What I did is that I would do the giveaway once I had 50 subscribers so people would be motivated to subscribe to me and hopefully win the giveaway. Upload a few videos in between the giveaway and the giveaway results.

Step 5. Engage the players. The most important thing to build a community of Minecrafters is to engage them in your videos. I grew to 600 subs on an OP prison server, so I would charge 50bil or something for the person to guest star in my video and 10bil to get a shoutout. You can charge something on any type of server so that fans will want to see themselves in your next video.

I really hope this guide helped you guys!

Happy YouTubing,
Jamie/Slimecraft101

Hey guys, I have a second channel called SlimeCraft101 that has about 600 subscribers and I am going to share with you guys how to grow it and what I did.

Step 1. Find a server. Ideally, this server should have about 300-500 players on it regularly. It also helps if it's growing a lot. Also, make sure there aren't a lot of YouTubers on it already.

Step 2. Build a reputation. Before you even start thinking about making videos, you need to be 'popular' on the server. I know it sucks, but an easy way to do this is to buy a rank on the server. To get people to know you, talk in chat and be funny. Go on the forums and talk to people and engage in the community.

Step 3. Make a video or two. Make sure the video is high quality and edited. Also, an attractive thumbnail will help (there are loads of tutorials about that on Youtube already). This will build credibility once you get to the next step. Advertise your video on the server's forums so people will know that you have a YouTube channel.

Step 4. Host a giveaway. One of the things that I did (it may not be completely okay) is host a 50 subscriber giveaway... when I had 30 subscribers. What I did is that I would do the giveaway once I had 50 subscribers so people would be motivated to subscribe to me and hopefully win the giveaway. Upload a few videos in between the giveaway and the giveaway results.

Step 5. Engage the players. The most important thing to build a community of Minecrafters is to engage them in your videos. I grew to 600 subs on an OP prison server, so I would charge 50bil or something for the person to guest star in my video and 10bil to get a shoutout. You can charge something on any type of server so that fans will want to see themselves in your next video.

Happy YouTubing,
Jamie/Slimecraft101

I must say, for your age, you have quite the knack for doing the right things in making your channel successful. Keep it up and hope your channel is up there with the big guys in a few years.

Happy YouTubing,
Jamie/Slimecraft101
what type of give away did you do?

Back