Everyone share what your community is like

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
By this I don't mean your subscribers, or your channel.
But rather, the larger community your a part of.

Say you do food recipes as your genre. What is the "cooking channel" community like? the content creators, and the viewers. is it a tight knit community? etc.

I'm part of the animation community, and it really seems like a tight knit group. there's a lot of collaborations, and i don't think I've ever really seen anyone fall out.
the downsides of it is that there's a few 'copycat' channels out there, especially the animated vlog style videos. You can tell when someone is lifting a style. Another negative is when you flip that over, and you have viewers accusing someone of copying a style when they aren't and they are just similar for other reasons.
but hey, I can't complain if that's the only 2 negatives of youtube animators :D it all seems pretty good!

So here I'm asking you:
What is your genre community like?

*if your community is really huge, make it smaller, for instance, instead of "gaming" you could say "horror letsplayers" or "simulation gamers" for instance.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm part of the offroading/Jeeping community.. It's about 95% male and they range from well-educated mature folks to idiot-a$$hole children that think "off roading" means driving their pile of junk into a mud-hole. it's often challenging to deal with the comments from the idiots - it seems that they try as hard as they can to let everyone know exactly how stupid they actually are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lightsen

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The content of my channel is primarily part of the "G Major" community, which is closely tied to the YTP (YouTube Poop) one. I've unintentionally become involved with another genre community. I'm not sure how much overlap they have with each other. This other one seems to be obsessed with kids' shows.

My channel was derived from a modified version of G Major, which adds several layers to the audio, muddying it up and making it sound more intense. It also inverts the colors of the original. This community seems to consist of teens and preteens who regularly comment on each others' videos and somewhat compete with each other. It seems to be a somewhat isolated group in that most of the population doesn't know or care about it. I've attempted to make mine more accessible to everyone. Most people don't know what "G Major" even means and even if you do know, the idea is really only appealing to a small percentage of people. But if you see a popular music video or show you watched growing up in "horror version", a lot more people will be curious. I'm also not really part of this group, though they know about me and some have included me in their interactions as if I was part of them. Several of them have started adopting my "horror version" title. I haven't seen anyone accuse me of copying anyone else's idea, though some people complain that mine are "just G Major". I have seen people from this community, mainly the ones who regularly comment on my videos, attack others for putting up their attempt at my edits and calling it "horror version". They chastise them for not giving me credit in the description and for even trying to copy me.

The kids' show one seems to consist of kids from 7 to young teens and the majority of them have really long display names on YouTube like "BluesClues&TheWigglesFTW-SpongebobFTL" (actual example). So, you can tell that this person likes Blue's Clues and The Wiggles because they put "FTW" (for the win) after it, and they dislike SpongeBob SquarePants, because they put "FTL" (for the lose) after it. And by "like" and "dislike", I mean they REALLY like and REALLY hate those respective shows. These kids have channels that feature many short videos, often shorter than 10 seconds, of just them saying one reaction or thought they have about something. They will have every single intro sequence, ending theme, "lost episode", sometimes regular episodes, trailer, commercial, etc. of every season of the shows they like. They will have "reviews" of certain episodes. Most of these are recorded on an extremely shaky phone off their TV or iPad. They also have videos about their hatred for the shows they don't like, as well as any would-be fans of those shows, and will call out other kids in the same community who have channels favoring those shows. There is definitely a sense of being in extremely defined cliques. I say I've unintentionally become involved with it only because my channel has a lot of songs from these shows and a pretty good portion of my viewers and commenters are from this community and they make request after request after request of videos for me to do next.

The thing both of these communities have in common is a love of kids shows and a hate for the companies that own the copyrights to them. "B_Viacom" is one of the most hated YouTube accounts. At one point my channel was "terminated" for 3 days because I had 3 strikes (not from Viacom) and I got a few people from both communities make some videos showing their shock and disappointment over it. One regular customer has changed her display name to "horror versions ftw b_viacom ftl".

Being a 34-year-old man with a wife and 2 kids, all of this is highly amusing to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lekjih and Lightsen

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
The content of my channel is primarily part of the "G Major" community, which is closely tied to the YTP (YouTube Poop) one. I've unintentionally become involved with another genre community. I'm not sure how much overlap they have with each other. This other one seems to be obsessed with kids' shows.

My channel was derived from a modified version of G Major, which adds several layers to the audio, muddying it up and making it sound more intense. It also inverts the colors of the original. This community seems to consist of teens and preteens who regularly comment on each others' videos and somewhat compete with each other. It seems to be a somewhat isolated group in that most of the population doesn't know or care about it. I've attempted to make mine more accessible to everyone. Most people don't know what "G Major" even means and even if you do know, the idea is really only appealing to a small percentage of people. But if you see a popular music video or show you watched growing up in "horror version", a lot more people will be curious. I'm also not really part of this group, though they know about me and some have included me in their interactions as if I was part of them. Several of them have started adopting my "horror version" title. I haven't seen anyone accuse me of copying anyone else's idea, though some people complain that mine are "just G Major". I have seen people from this community, mainly the ones who regularly comment on my videos, attack others for putting up their attempt at my edits and calling it "horror version". They chastise them for not giving me credit in the description and for even trying to copy me.

The kids' show one seems to consist of kids from 7 to young teens and the majority of them have really long display names on YouTube like "BluesClues&TheWigglesFTW-SpongebobFTL" (actual example). So, you can tell that this person likes Blue's Clues and The Wiggles because they put "FTW" (for the win) after it, and they dislike SpongeBob SquarePants, because they put "FTL" (for the lose) after it. And by "like" and "dislike", I mean they REALLY like and REALLY hate those respective shows. These kids have channels that feature many short videos, often shorter than 10 seconds, of just them saying one reaction or thought they have about something. They will have every single intro sequence, ending theme, "lost episode", sometimes regular episodes, trailer, commercial, etc. of every season of the shows they like. They will have "reviews" of certain episodes. Most of these are recorded on an extremely shaky phone off their TV or iPad. They also have videos about their hatred for the shows they don't like, as well as any would-be fans of those shows, and will call out other kids in the same community who have channels favoring those shows. There is definitely a sense of being in extremely defined cliques. I say I've unintentionally become involved with it only because my channel has a lot of songs from these shows and a pretty good portion of my viewers and commenters are from this community and they make request after request after request of videos for me to do next.

The thing both of these communities have in common is a love of kids shows and a hate for the companies that own the copyrights to them. "B_Viacom" is one of the most hated YouTube accounts. At one point my channel was "terminated" for 3 days because I had 3 strikes (not from Viacom) and I got a few people from both communities make some videos showing their shock and disappointment over it. One regular customer has changed her display name to "horror versions ftw b_viacom ftl".

Being a 34-year-old man with a wife and 2 kids, all of this is highly amusing to me.
man I used to be BIG into the YTP crowd back in the day, and remember all the Gmajor vids too :D classic!

Helen Czap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm in the weight loss/fitness. I really like it! Everyone has the same goal and are going through the same things. We all motivate each other to become healthier!

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm in the weight loss/fitness. I really like it! Everyone has the same goal and are going through the same things. We all motivate each other to become healthier!
I can imagine that community would be super supportive and awesome :D

sphamedia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im part of the anime comunity, it feels like you ether have 1000000 subs, or your wrong to them, the chilled out ones are some of the most creative, lovely people, but theres a lot of cancer xD, ive both made some really good friends with it but been ostracised at the same time

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sadly, the community I'm in, (consumer tech reviews) has A LOT of hate through comments. Not particularly on my videos, but on bigger channels, if a viewer disagrees with anything, they'll call you out and try to argue why " product 1 is better than product 2". The comment sections can be really toxic if commenters start disagreeing.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm part of a small sub-community of the "gaming" community, however I've yet to personally talk to anyone who makes videos that are like mine.
I'd love to meet some other "review parody" creators, though!