Estimated revenue earned disappeared. Google support no help

cardking9

Reaction score
I have typed pages and pages of info trying to explain this issue in youtube help forum and to Google support. I keep getting cut and past answers that dont address the issue at all. i will try a different approach here. I just want to know if this seems off or if anybody can confirm that there is a problem here. Also, has this happened to anybody else? Only occurring with one of my videos. It happens to be my top performing video.

Estimated ad Revenue : $1.01
Estimated Monetized Playback: 13,790
YouTube Ad Revenue: $47.40

Should the ad revenue # not be somewhere close to 55% of the Youtube ad revenue? It was and then it disappeared over night

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

Where are each of these coming from? They aren't the proper terms. "YouTube Ad revenue" -Where are you seeing that. Post a single screenshot showing those numbers.

Here are the exact terms and their definitions given by YouTube:

Your estimated revenue
Total estimated revenue (net revenue), from all Google-sold ads and transactions for the selected date range and region. Estimated revenue are subject to month-end adjustment and do not include partner-sold and partner-served advertising or transactions.

Estimated monetized playbacks
A monetized playback is when a viewer is shown at least one ad impression when watching the video. A monetized playback is also counted when a viewer abandons the video during the pre-roll ad.

Playback based CPM
Effective cost per mille, or the estimated average gross revenue per thousand playbacks on which an ad was shown, independent of which specific playbacks the advertiser was charged for.

Also it depends on what time period you have set. If you have set "last 7 days" and you don't earn money for several consecutive days, then the numbers will suddenly drop.

______

Edit : Ok, I found "Youtube ad revenue".

To answer your question, yes "your ad revenue" should be approximately 55% of "YouTube ad revenue" for a specific time period if you are eligible. If it is not the case, then the only think I can think of is that another channel has claimed the ad revenue. Maybe a copyright issue. What is the video? Is it YOUR original content? Do you own the copyright? Do you have any strikes or content id claims?

Last edited:

cardking9

Reaction score
Hey' thanks for replying. The video is original content and has never had a copyright issue. I am incredibly frustrated with support. I get a different person each time and they basically say “”sorry for your frustration, but we explained it to you. You are just confused” not once has anybody acknowledged or given me any indication that they even understand the specific problem I am having" at this point they are telling me that this is accurate and everything is as it should be. They won’t even acknowledge that there is a problem with this.

Except for one guy yesterday who inadvertently gave me what the numbers should be.

“As for the video's estimated revenue from the date it was uploaded (March 15) to May 6, it shows that that it reached $46.66 with 13,074 estimated monetized playbacks. Checking the video's estimated revenue for month of April, it is $45.94 with estimated monetized playbacks at 12,262”

Then I sent him a screen shot of what was showing on my end and he said this

“I stand corrected. Upon checking, the estimated revenue for the video is $3.12 while YouTube Ad Revenue is $47.40 (March 15 - May 7).”

That was the last email. No explanation as to how the figures changed or what caused it, Where he got those initial figures that look accurate? Nothing. The. Today I get this telling me I’m confused and nothing else can be done. It’s maddening.

“I completely understand that you still have some confusion on how our system calculate your estimated revenue. Please be assured that we have shared the best resolution possible for the current situation of your earnings.

I realize that it can be frustrating, however, I don't have any other alternatives at the moment and we have already shared all the details on our previous emails.

I really appreciate your understanding. Let me know if you have other questions.”

Honestly, the entire interaction with creator support has been bizarre. I get the feeling they see that there is a problem, but don’t have the answers, and go out of their way not to acknowledge that there is an issue.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey' thanks for replying. The video is original content and has never had a copyright issue. I am incredibly frustrated with support. I get a different person each time and they basically say “”sorry for your frustration, but we explained it to you. You are just confused” not once has anybody acknowledged or given me any indication that they even understand the specific problem I am having" at this point they are telling me that this is accurate and everything is as it should be. They won’t even acknowledge that there is a problem with this.

Except for one guy yesterday who inadvertently gave me what the numbers should be.

“As for the video's estimated revenue from the date it was uploaded (March 15) to May 6, it shows that that it reached $46.66 with 13,074 estimated monetized playbacks. Checking the video's estimated revenue for month of April, it is $45.94 with estimated monetized playbacks at 12,262”

Then I sent him a screen shot of what was showing on my end and he said this

“I stand corrected. Upon checking, the estimated revenue for the video is $3.12 while YouTube Ad Revenue is $47.40 (March 15 - May 7).”

That was the last email. No explanation as to how the figures changed or what caused it, Where he got those initial figures that look accurate? Nothing. The. Today I get this telling me I’m confused and nothing else can be done. It’s maddening.

“I completely understand that you still have some confusion on how our system calculate your estimated revenue. Please be assured that we have shared the best resolution possible for the current situation of your earnings.

I realize that it can be frustrating, however, I don't have any other alternatives at the moment and we have already shared all the details on our previous emails.

I really appreciate your understanding. Let me know if you have other questions.”

Honestly, the entire interaction with creator support has been bizarre. I get the feeling they see that there is a problem, but don’t have the answers, and go out of their way not to acknowledge that there is an issue.

The only other thing I can think of is that there have been fraudulent clicks from somewhere and so they have adjusted your revenue figures but not yet adjusted "Youtube revenue". But yeah, it should be 55%