Embedded Youtube Views?

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
From time to time, I share my video(embed) on wine/beer community website. I've noticed that all the videos I've shared have a lot of views. For example, one vid shows as having 700+ views, but when I go back to youtube/videomanager that same video only has like 250 views.

So the view counts aren't transferring from that website. Is that common?
I'm glad people are watching it on that website, but at the same time it kind of sucks that it doesn't show up on the youtube.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And the point of contributing that was?...

I have noticed that many times views arent counted from external sites, once I had a video on a high traffic website and it gained hardly any views though there should have been loads. I am not sure how it works though or if still happens or why.

Reactions: Phoenix Photons

HotDangProductions

You can’t live your life on your deathbed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
And the point of contributing that was?...
That cracked me up :up:

From time to time, I share my video(embed) on wine/beer community website. I've noticed that all the videos I've shared have a lot of views. For example, one vid shows as having 700+ views, but when I go back to youtube/videomanager that same video only has like 250 views.

So the view counts aren't transferring from that website. Is that common?
I'm glad people are watching it on that website, but at the same time it kind of sucks that it doesn't show up on the youtube.
Sometimes Youtube takes a while to update the view count so it could just be the other website is updating the view count faster than Youtube; unless it has been that way for an extended period of time in which case I'm not sure whats going on

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe Youtube only counts views on it's own website.. orrrrr
that's the total views for the video... Youtube compensates and only counts unique views (say if someone keeps refreshing... it'll just count it as 1)

Orrr! I notice a lot of videos tend to get stuck around 300ish views for a day or so.. and then will show the real views.

Strange ^^

SabiaNz

Reaction score
The whole stopping at 301 views is a failsafe by YouTube to allow them to check if the views are real people and not bots.

Reactions: Phoenix Photons