Editing software on A Kids Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently started a kids youtube channel 4 months ago. I'm currently using windows movie maker which is very user friendly and has been good so far. However, I think I'm ready for an editor that offers a little more than the basic. I know iMovie is better but I don't own a Mac and adobe premiere seems a little expensive at the moment. I have also heard of after effects which seems nice for what I'm looking for but haven't tried it. So my question is for all kids youtube channels, what editor do you use? And how do you like it?

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I encourage people to get an iphone when they get a new cell. Thats what i use. I dont do many special effects but its so easy to use imovie on iphone. My setup is so convenient. Some people talk about long wait time while they wait for their movie file to convert. A 10 min video probably takes me 1-2 min to export from imovie in 1080p. And you can record in 4k with the latest phones. I only use my pc to do the thumbnail and description/tags. Recording/editing/uploading from the same device is very convenient and saves a lot of time.

If you make more advanced videos then you probably need a more professional setup. Until then i think iphone is the the best set up. (I have yet to try the new google phone but it probably doesnt come with a free vid editor on par with imovie)

Reactions: CelyD87

AZOZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't even think about using after effects
It's not Common YouTube montage software
Look for camatasia and see if it's any good

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I encourage people to get an iphone when they get a new cell. Thats what i use. I dont do many special effects but its so easy to use imovie on iphone. My setup is so convenient. Some people talk about long wait time while they wait for their movie file to convert. A 10 min video probably takes me 1-2 min to export from imovie in 1080p. And you can record in 4k with the latest phones. I only use my pc to do the thumbnail and description/tags. Recording/editing/uploading from the same device is very convenient and saves a lot of time.

If you make more advanced videos then you probably need a more professional setup. Until then i think iphone is the the best set up. (I have yet to try the new google phone but it probably doesnt come with a free vid editor on par with imovie)
Ah great idea, I didn't know I can use iMovie on my iPhone. Learned something new! Thanks

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
iMovie love it. Haven't tried iMovie on iPhone but I use it on my Mac. Its easy to edit and has songs/transitions. I too think adobe is pricey right now for photoshop but not many softwares can do what photoshop does!

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
iMovie love it. Haven't tried iMovie on iPhone but I use it on my Mac. Its easy to edit and has songs/transitions. I too think adobe is pricey right now for photoshop but not many softwares can do what photoshop does!
Yeah I actually have photoshop but not premier and I like what you can do on it. I just need to learn how to use it hehe I have been watching tutorials on YouTube.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Do you have the free trial? I love magic wand :) can't seem to download it without a membership with adobe

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you have the free trial? I love magic wand :) can't seem to download it without a membership with adobe
No, I'm paying for photoshop $10 per month. I haven't heard of magic wand. What do you use for photo editing now?

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh honey magic wand is magic! It's on photoshop removes unwanted images/backgrounds. I'm going to sign up tonight I could have sworn it was more expensive. How do you like it so far? The layers are more confusing than PicMonkey which is what I use but photoshop is the best of the market for editing. I focus a lot on learning but it's time to upload consistently now.. there seriously needs to be more time in the day! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.