DSLR VS POINT AND SHOOT WHATS BETTER

KingleBricks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
Just thought I'd give my two cents about the dslr vs point and shoot discussion, personally i just bought a canon rebel sl1 for making my videos and the quality jumped through the roof! as far as point and shoot goes i think they are fine for making youtube content but there is also competition in the sense of video quality, people are way more likely to watch a higher quality video with higher quality audio than videos that lack that. thats just the fact of the matter, i would say getting a higher quality camera definitely boost changes of getting noticed and getting more watch time on videos. i just posted a comparison video on my channel comparing a canon powershot elph 180 to a Canon Rebel Sl1 you should check it out if youre looking to make the jump to a dslr camera i have footage and pictures in the video to get a feel for

Reactions: Youtubestarterpack

Elysia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
honestly, yes, 100% the thing is, like you said, since youtube is going how it is going, people are way more apt to watch a quality video on youtube as apposed to one with lesser quality. You can now think of youtube as TV. would you be more apt to watch a show that was in HD over standard def> 100%. however, id say for things like vlogs and every day run around stuff a point and shoot is fine. witch is exactly what you would see on our channel. everything Vloged is on a gopro and actually...my phone haha, but everything sit down and speak and the recipe videos we have done are all shot on a Panasonic GH4 with Canon glass.

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I started traveling and video making I started with the Canon SL1 which I believe its an amazing camera for its size and price. But I believe its is all about what you are able to get. If you are able to get a DSLR then yes I would advise anybody to get one, if you're not well, just try to make the most of it with a point and shoot and upgrade later on.
I am also a huge believer that the content you are offering is very important, If you have very good quality and sharp videos but there is nothing interesting about the videos... So having a good camera will boost your channel as long as you upgrade the content you make as well.
Oh and by the way don't feel that I am talking about your content, its just a general thing.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sharper is always better, but content wins out over sharpness.

However, you don't need an SLR to get sharpness. Just look at all the high quality GoPro videos that are on YT. Even Jay Leno's Garage use a lot of GoPro cameras.

So I think you need to acknowledge that there are many very sharp point and shoot cameras out there, if you care to look.

Me ? I use a Nikon L820 bridge camera and quality is not a problem.