Does YouTube make it a little difficult for newbies, just to weed out real content creator vs fake?

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
honestly at this point i feel like YouTube wants you to work your butt off, just to prove to them that that your are here to stay. i have heard so many YouTubers that started a long time ago say that it was not this hard to be on YouTube. i am thinking because YouTube has so many content creators now they want to see hard work, dedication, consistency and much more before you start getting suggested by other videos and so on, what do you guys think?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube doesn't want anything from you. YouTube doesn't expect you to work your butt off. YouTube could care less if you don't try as hard as others. There are plenty of others who will put in the effort.

Yes, there are many more content creators today than when I first put my head down and worked my butt off to grow my channel to where it is today.

YouTube isn't looking for hard work, dedication and consistency. Your audience is.

Last edited:

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
YouTube doesn't want anything from you. YouTube doesn't expect you to work your butt off. YouTube could care less if you don't try as hard as others. There are plenty of others who will put in the effort.

Yes, there are many more content creators than when I first put my head down and worked my a** off to grow my channel to where it is today.

YouTube isn't looking for hard work, dedication and consistency. Your audience is.
Hmmm cold, but true. Youtube is just a platform that allows you make videos. That's basically it. The work and effort you put into your channel is on you, Youtube just lets you do it wether you're doing an expensive production with actors and whatnot, or just filming your cat play with some string.

Do it for the fun, do it for the love, do it for you, and the viewers will come.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There is a combination of factors at play here, but let's just think about the one you brought up, namely, does YouTube (intentionally) make it harder for newbies?

On the surface... no. YouTube is just the medium. It is up to you to advertise yourself and build and audience.

Algorithmically... yes. The YouTube algorithm, which hinges on audience retention and watch time, will naturally favor long time YouTubers that have large audiences watching their content.

However, this isn't different from many other races that we run in life. We always have to work hard to establish of credibility, no matter what we are doing.

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is a combination of factors at play here, but let's just think about the one you brought up, namely, does YouTube (intentionally) make it harder for newbies?

On the surface... no. YouTube is just the medium. It is up to you to advertise yourself and build and audience.

Algorithmically... yes. The YouTube algorithm, which hinges on audience retention and watch time, will naturally favor long time YouTubers that have large audiences watching their content.

However, this isn't different from many other races that we run in life. We always have to work hard to establish of credibility, no matter what we are doing.
Makes absolute sense, thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1503551668,1503551650][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you!

Sven Vee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would just say the same as the previous reply. Algorithm makes it hard for starting content creators to keep up if they don't have a proper strategy and work schedule/ethic. I struggle with this as well, since I'm still in uni so my upload schedule is inconsistent and the views&subs really suffer from that. I think you just gotta be really hardworking to make it big on Youtube OR you can start somewhere else, grow an audience there and then move on to Youtube with an audience that follows you (which is what the viners did when they invaded Youtube and took it by storm). The latter option has a much higher succes rate, but it might be just as hard or even harder to grind your way up in other social media. :)

Just comes down to work, every time again I guess

Reactions: dina

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
From YouTube's perspective, a view is a view. It makes no difference to them whether the view comes from a big channel or small channel.

Reactions: markkaz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I assume maybe only a certain number of YouTubers can do well. It appears YouTube subtracted some of my views. I had 53 views on 1 video then it went to 23 views.

Reactions: dina