Does time of year matter for a series?

santigold

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

So I have been wondering about how to start my channel... Wondering if I should just shooting and uploading somewhat acceptable (badly edited) videos or have a more concrete plan such as possibly..

Recording a load of content and then getting it edited to look good and drip feeding it weekly (to create consistency).

Also, I'm wondering has anybody ever wondered or researched on whether time of year matters? i.e. In the height of summer people might watch less content as they are enjoying life, than say, the middle of winter when it's dark at 5pm and evenings are long and boring.

Just a thought.

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's always good to have a plan. But you can only plan so much. Eventually you'll just need to post a video and then another, and then another.

I suggest you come up with a loose plan and try to follow and adapt as you start your channel / learn more things.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I like watching people in the UK complaining about winter because I sit here in Australia just laughing.... :p

Seriously though I think people watch just as much Youtube is summer as winter so I wouldn't take that into account as a factor at all.

santigold

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks folks.

I guess timing doesn't really matter too much, in the grand scheme of things..

That was probably a lame excuse for me to postpone any kind of action LMAO!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
only thing I would suggest is making shorter videos example = rec ~30min video of changing car oil > cut out useless parts for final video length of ~5mins
I use camera remote to start recording only when ready to say/show whatever is in the video plan, the negative is that there's a bunch of files at the end to sort through (usually record 2/3 takes of same thing so more options during editing)

Reactions: santigold

santigold

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
only thing I would suggest is making shorter videos example = rec ~30min video of changing car oil > cut out useless parts for final video length of ~5mins
I use camera remote to start recording only when ready to say/show whatever is in the video plan, the negative is that there's a bunch of files at the end to sort through (usually record 2/3 takes of same thing so more options during editing)
Cool advice. Thanks a lot.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
When you have say 3 takes of the same thing and you go to edit - start with the last take as that will be more likely to be closer to the desired result - then you can just add things from previous takes if necessary.