Does putting the Game title in the Youtube video title give a higher rank score?

Spuntillian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey so, i've just been thinking a little bit about this: Does putting the Game title in the Youtube video title give a higher rank score? What i mean is, let's for example say i'm making a Among us video, i put Among us in the title, for example: "How to play impostor in Among Us", instead of "How to play impostor", does putting the actual game title in the the video title matter for a higher ranking score? Or is it enough just showing the game as "Among Us" when you pick a category for your youtube video?

Example "with" Game title in video title:
1599665936846.png

Example "without" Game title in video title:
1599665955170.png
Category reference:
1599665893138.png

I appreciate every kind of answer for this! :^)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I think the only way to know is to either
1) Analyze another channel that does it both ways. See if you can notice a difference.
2) Alternate on your own channel. Group them in Studio and then look at the analytics for each video group.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Check channels with similar sub count as your channel. Don't compare yourself to like jacksepticeye. He could title all his video DONT WATCH THIS and would still crush it.

Alvan

Youtuber, Improviser, Dinosaur, and Student
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think there is two sides to it
  1. Having Among Us in the title will help for when people search "Among Us" on YouTube
  2. But given that it's a popular game, the search term may be really competitive and you won't see a huge results
It really all depends on the keywords you're targeting and how competitive it is. There a lot of factors that affect ranking title is just one of them

Reactions: Nicekid76