Does my channel name fit my content?

pawsandprograms

Reaction score
Hi,

I could use some help to decide whether to keep my name or change it.

My channel name is pawsandprograms. I don't have any content yet and I plan to upload videos from mid August on.

The topics I want to cover are connected to my life as a computer science student, living with two dogs in a big city while being a full-time student, and organizing my life (this includes bullet journal set ups that I use as a student).

I'm not sure if the "programs" is just too far from the content I'll be producing in the first year or so. I mean, I can get into detailed rants about different versions of a Hello World program, but a comp sci major is so much more than writing code. Most of the assignments can't be shown either, although I can show my own source code of course. But 80% of the first 3 semesters are maths, theoretical informatics and only 20% are actually programming.

But I plan to keep this channel for a long time and as I progress in my studies I'm sure there will be more programming and I also think about doing small live coding sessions for beginners. And when I'm done with my degree I want to keep the channel and produce more comp sci related content not only restricted to my university experiences.

So... I would like to have some opinions please. Also, if you have an idea of a better name you are welcome to help me with it! :)

Thanks,
pap

Reactions: sreejams2002

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah it's a decent name but don't overthink the name too much - In the grander scheme of things, the actual name you choose will have very little effect on your future success because most people don't click on videos because of the name. Big channels get big because Youtube starts promoting them in the "suggested videos" sidebar and the most important factor to be listed there is watch time. In other words good content. The name is important if you have plans to build a big brand across many platforms. If that is your plan, I suggest you check if the domain name is available and if so, register the dot com. :)

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi. I wouldn't sweat it so much, just start making content as soon a you have free time, this is how you will find out if you want to keep doing it or not. Bad quality might actually be better, like cellphone footage, cellphone microphone, recording computer screen etc..... I changed channel name 3 times, changed topic too. Chances are you will be changing things too, but not until you start making something.
Computer Science is tough, I had to retake a class :confusedphones: had to take it as part of an Engineering major. Here are a few forum tips.
you can make it easier for everyone here to find your channel by putting a link under icon/name like under mine TO THE LEFT OF THIS MSG - read my signature on HOW TO below this msg
read FORUM RULES carefully https://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-rules-quick-and-easy-to-read.127266/

AntsDeKing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Yeah as most said, that’s actually a pretty decent name, I wouldn’t change it to be honest

Jonat

Reaction score
When I hear 'programs' in the name, I have no clue what it means ... is it a weight loss program for cats, is it a behavior training program for dogs? The word 'programming' is more concrete, more specific. A vague name can work, but one that clearly evokes what is going on in the channel is generally better, IMO.

Liana

Reaction score
Website
www.redsickle.de
Channel Type
Other
I love that name and I actually instinctively visited your channel for that vibe it gives off. Keep it.

sreejams2002

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi,

I could use some help to decide whether to keep my name or change it.

My channel name is pawsandprograms. I don't have any content yet and I plan to upload videos from mid August on.

The topics I want to cover are connected to my life as a computer science student, living with two dogs in a big city while being a full-time student, and organizing my life (this includes bullet journal set ups that I use as a student).

I'm not sure if the "programs" is just too far from the content I'll be producing in the first year or so. I mean, I can get into detailed rants about different versions of a Hello World program, but a comp sci major is so much more than writing code. Most of the assignments can't be shown either, although I can show my own source code of course. But 80% of the first 3 semesters are maths, theoretical informatics and only 20% are actually programming.

But I plan to keep this channel for a long time and as I progress in my studies I'm sure there will be more programming and I also think about doing small live coding sessions for beginners. And when I'm done with my degree I want to keep the channel and produce more comp sci related content not only restricted to my university experiences.

So... I would like to have some opinions please. Also, if you have an idea of a better name you are welcome to help me with it! :)

Thanks,
pap
I think it's a good name for your channel, based on on the contents of your channel. Best Wishes

Reactions: renzparole