Does Getting Your Copyright Claim Dispute Rejected Result in a Strike On Your Channel?

BlueFalcon29

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I have a copyright claim on a couple of my videos. I was just wondering, if I dispute those claims on the basis of fair use, but that dispute gets rejected, will that result in a possible strike on my channel, or my channel getting taken down? I've heard that if it gets rejected and I appeal that rejection and dispute a second time, then I would get a strike, but not if it's the first time. I hate copyright claims but I also don't want to risk any strikes on the channel if I can help it. Would it be worth it to dispute the claims and see what happens, is the dispute getting rejected the worse thing that can happen the first time? Thanks!

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
technically all copyright claims could turn into a strike when ever the alleged copyright holder chooses to do so.
I don't think it would turn into an automatic strike but technically they would be able to switch it from just a claim to a full blown strike.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
to be clear that is in no way to discourage you. If you believe you are correct fight it.

1612048878750.png
I am
NOT a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice
1612048878750.png

BlueFalcon29

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Of course, I'll probably still dispute it. I think the first copyright claim I got is false anyway since after googling the company that claimed the part in my video, I saw nothing that tied them to the thing they're claiming. I might as well try.