Does everyone hate the new Beta Studio as much as me?

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why do they insist on changing things when the old version works fine ?

Reactions: Crown

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why do they insist on changing things when the old version works fine ?
Google created a design language called Material Design, it was developed as a framework for mobile and web use. It's been around for some years now.

So they decided to make it law for it to be used across all their web, mobile and desktop applications. It's already in Chrome, Gmail (et al), search engine tools and apps, and well now incoming to YT Studio.

In itself, it's not actually bad, the problem is the implementation of the design per case has not been smooth and riddled with issues.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have no issues with the layout of the new Beta Studio. I do hate the occasional errors, something could not be saved, etc. At first I was also struggling to find functions but I am ok with it now.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not a great fan of it and still go to the classic as a preference. Is there anything you can do in the new version that you couldn't do in classic?
I don't know. Just saw last night that there is some sort of editor. I have not tried it to see what it can do though, and I do not know how it will affect a video.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The feature I hate on the "studio beta" is the "insert midroll ads" screen. It was very easy to find and very simple to use in the "old studio" but very hard to find and use in the new one.

Google created a design language called Material Design, it was developed as a framework for mobile and web use. It's been around for some years now.

So they decided to make it law for it to be used across all their web, mobile and desktop applications. It's already in Chrome, Gmail (et al), search engine tools and apps, and well now incoming to YT Studio.
That explains why they changed their "search console" for website owners. Those of you who run a website will be familiar with it. It's the same thing there. They are running 2 versions of the same software in parallel and you have to keep flipping between them because neither version does everything during the migration process lol.

Reactions: zerocache

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The feature I hate on the "studio beta" is the "insert midroll ads" screen. It was very easy to find and very simple to use in the "old studio" but very hard to find and use in the new one.

That explains why they changed their "search console" for website owners. Those of you who run a website will be familiar with it. It's the same thing there. They are running 2 versions of the same software in parallel and you have to keep flipping between them because neither version does everything during the migration process lol.
It was annoying and a major pain in the proverbial backside. It was buggy as hell, and it would constantly send out notifications when there was nothing wrong, and I would get a barrage of questions the next day from worried clients. Thankfully, it came to an end.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I much prefer classic, now that im defaulted to beta I use it more than classic but I still much prefer classic.

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of it as well. I gave it a few tries but I didn't find stuff as easy as with the old studio. Maybe with some more time I'll get used to it, but I definitely prefer the old version.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I prefer the Dashboard of the classic, but do like the 'current vid compared to average' on the beta dashboard (I am sure that is not what that is called ha ha). I love the analytics in beta. So much more info and layed out very well... after a little learning curve.

My biggest complaint about both classic and beta is the horrible comment management. The main thing I use TubeBuddy for is the sorting of comments (need reply, has question, needs follow up, etc). That is not a beta problem, just a YT problem.

Overall I am satisfied with the progress of the beta - I just hope they keep classic around until the beta is actually finished...

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I will never use the new dashboard.
Unless they force me to use it.