Does an account termination keep you from getting paid by AdSense?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for your answer I really believe you're right on this honestly since I still have yet to be paid and it's going into the 25th. I'm starting to give up on it and would rather close the account and start out fresh.
You won't be allowed to start out fresh, unfortunately. YouTube now strongly enforces this...

You should interpret "may be" as "will be", or "are" here. It also said you are prohibited from creating, possessing or accessing any further YouTube channels in the termination email YouTube sent you.

Last edited:

Nayer

Reaction score
You won't be allowed to start out fresh, unfortunately. YouTube now strongly enforces this...

You should interpret "may be" as "will be", or "are" here. It also said you are prohibited from creating, possessing or accessing any further YouTube channels in the termination email YouTube sent you.
I still got channels up all over the place and this really isn't anything new they've been enforcing this since 2013, the account itself is usually the problem, people create new ones all the time and they're fine.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I still got channels up all over the place and this really isn't anything new they've been enforcing this since 2013, the account itself is usually the problem, people create new ones all the time and they're fine.
They were fine up until 2018. As you don't want to believe me however,

1. See what occurs with your remaining channels

2. See also what happens if you close your current AdSense and create a new one

3. Try creating a new YouTube account and see what happens

Good luck.

Nayer

Reaction score
They were fine up until 2018. As you don't want to believe me however,

1. See what occurs with your remaining channels

2. See also what happens if you close your current AdSense and create a new one

3. Try creating a new YouTube account and see what happens

Good luck.
Bro I've done it before since 2018, I just wanted to know if I was actually gonna get paid but I've been able to open up new AdSense accounts since 2018 with no problem.

I think you're confusing it with someone who gets their AdSense closed period. Those people who got a terminated AdSense account won't be able to under a new one with the same name and account details. My AdSense wasn't terminated and any YouTube AdSense accounts usually aren't shutdown that's why even after 2018 people still can shut one down and open a new one and be fine. That's because the AdSense account itself is still fine by itself it just can't be linked to any channels. Once you open up a new one like I've been doing since 2018 and other people as well you're fine.

I even had someone from YouTube tell me that I can reapply for AdSense from a different channel or Google Account. As long as my AdSense wasn't terminated I was good.

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I was actually talking about your YouTube, rather than your AdSense account. You see, since 2018, YouTube has more strictly enforced the part of the channel termination rules that say you cannot create, possess or access any further YouTube accounts once you've had an account terminated.

This means that you've been removed automatically from the Partner Programme due to the terminated channel most likely; and would need to reapply once you create that new AdSense; providing you still have a channel or channels eligible to join the YPP. The problem here is that as soon as YouTube connects your remaining channels to you as a terminated user, those other channels will also be terminated. And if you were in fact, removed from the YPP at termination, even if you don't get the other channels terminated, it's likely that the second you apply to the YPP with any channel, that channel's monetization facility will be instantly disabled.

That is the reason I said you won't be allowed to start fresh.