Does an account termination keep you from getting paid by AdSense?

Nayer

Reaction score
On the 21st I was supposed to have gotten my first payment from AdSense since I started using MCNs in 2014. My account that made all of that money in November/December got 3 strikes and was officially terminated this past Saturday just 3 days before AdSense usually pays out their clients.

I'm getting the feeling that if I received an account termination before payment then I, unfortunately, will not get paid and the revenue will go back to the advertisers. :sadness:

It's the 22nd today and nothing has been updated so I do fear that I'm not getting paid.

I just need somebody to confirm this to be the case so I can move onto my next step.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You should receive any finalized earnings that YouTube sent to Adsense.
Payment is made to you between 21st and 26th, so be patient to see if it comes.

Reactions: Nayer

Nayer

Reaction score
You should receive any finalized earnings that YouTube sent to Adsense.
Payment is made to you between 21st and 26th, so be patient to see if it comes.
Thanks for answering I have seen that they have until the 26th so maybe mines will come later.

I was doing some research and some people have said if an account is terminated after the 15th of the month you should still get paid but if it's before the 15th then I won't get anything. My termination happened on the 18th so I think I could be getting paid.

Do you have any knowledge of this being the case?

Nayer

Reaction score
I have seen it go both ways!
Can depend on what the termination was for.
Okay, in my situation these were regular copyright strikes all from regular people and not media corporations.

I'm feeling confident I could be okay since the 18th is way after the 10th and 12th and AdSense has already received the money and started processing things during that time period. Probably too late for them to make a change and hold the money but like you can said they can still find a way to do it. Right now it's the 22nd so everyday that goes by gets scarier and scarier.

I wish I could contact somebody from AdSense or YouTube to know for sure what's going to happen with my money so I can move forward kind of hate the waiting game.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
The information you've received is incorrect. A termination for just cause means that any AdSense balance will be returned to the advertisers.
So how do you explain those who still got finalized earnings that were already transferred to Adsense paid out?

Nayer

Reaction score
The information you've received is incorrect. A termination for just cause means that any AdSense balance will be returned to the advertisers.
So how do you explain those who still got finalized earnings that were already transferred to Adsense paid out?
I'm not saying the guy is right or wrong but he's gotta explain how other people have still gotten paid even when their accounts were terminated? Especially when those finalized earnings are already transferred to AdSense. My account got terminated way after the date on the 18th where the money is processed between the 10th and 12th. They can't change anything it's too late but there is a possibility that either the payment is delayed or is on hold since I still haven't been paid here through the 23rd.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Just because the estimated revenue finalizes, doesn't mean AdSense will pay it into your bank. In my experience as a Google Product Expert, channel termination means you are no longer paid; even if you close your AdSense account.

@cbpayne

You don't need to challenge me on this. Look at both the YouTube Support Forum and the AdSense Support forum, and see for yourself.

Reactions: Nayer

Nayer

Reaction score
Just because the estimated revenue finalizes, doesn't mean AdSense will pay it into your bank. In my experience as a Google Product Expert, channel termination means you are no longer paid; even if you close your AdSense account.

@cbpayne

You don't need to challenge me on this. Look at both the YouTube Support Forum and the AdSense Support forum, and see for yourself.
Thanks for your answer I really believe you're right on this honestly since I still have yet to be paid and it's going into the 25th. I'm starting to give up on it and would rather close the account and start out fresh.