Does a 15 sec video scene face the risk of copyright claim?

Kale

Reaction score
Sorry I'm a beginner here. I have recently just uploaded a youtube video featuring top 5 funny moments in One Piece(Anime). Right after my upload, immediately the Content ID labeled my video as "copyrighted material" by TOEI Animation. So I have a question, if lets say in my video there is only a 15 second scene from One Piece, will youtube Content ID thingy still work? I mean in a 10min video of mine there is only a 15 second copyright material, does it still face the risk of copyright claim? Thank you in advance!

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Since you are uploading content that belongs to others and it isn't your original work. You will definitely get the content ID claim. The video is 15 seconds or 10 minutes, adding someone's work in our video without their permission is still copyrighted.

Reactions: markkaz and Kale

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Copyright and Legal Discussion forum. ^^

The Content ID is like a big giant content-matching machine. It scans your content and searches through its vast database for similar content. If it finds a match, you automatically get a claim by the owner that added their content to YouTube's Content ID database. 15 seconds of a video that has been added to the Content ID database can get a claim. Content Claims restrictions are set by the Copyright holder and are not the same thing as a Strike. A strike is a manual process where the copyright holder personally wants your video removed from YouTube.

Reactions: Kale

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
There's not a legal way if you are, in fact, actually using Toei Animation property. I'm not sure what YTTalk's position on sharing illegal advice is, but I would certainly hope that it wouldn't support that.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, we cannot begin discussion about how to illegally game the system with using copyrighted material. We can only talk about what is legal and how copyright claims work.

Reactions: subversiveasset

Kale

Reaction score
Oh I see...Sorry for asking for "illegal" advice..Haha anyway thank you for taking time to answer! :)