Do Your Videos Have a View Growth Pattern?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looking at my Channel, I discovered that all my videos follow a pattern for gaining views.

The first one is for my Pokémon TCG opening videos. They get the most views on my channel, around 50-70 each. They get a whole bunch of views the minute they are published, yet that quick increase in views only lasts half an hour to an hour. After that they just very slowly gain views over time.

The other pattern is for all other videos I make. They just very slowly get views over the next 5 days or so, getting in total around 10 views.

So what do these patterns can mean? And do you have these sort of view patterns on your channel.

Reactions: PvtPsycho

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your initial view spurt is 5-10% of your subs who get served the video on upload. Depending on what they do and the internal view stats, one of several thing happen: your video gets transferred into the corpus and dies quickly, further tests are run on more of your subs and a general viewing populace before a decision is made which way your video will go, or the video is spread far and wide to most of your subs and the wider viewing public. The algo may also run further tests in different time zones, for which you'll see spikes. What you see on the r/t graph will be different for all those cases.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Then why does it happen for only 1 of my series?
Maybe that's the series the views subbed to, and the algo shows that series to those subs. Maybe those same subs don't view your other content. It's quite common for a large kids channel to get 1M-20M views on one type of video, and 50-100k views on another. It means there is little interest from subs in the other video types.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe that's the series the views subbed to, and the algo shows that series to those subs.
That makes things even weirder then, as even the first video of the series, the very first video to do with Pokémon I ever made on my channel also followed this pattern.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It used to be a video took time to build up, now it's pretty much the opposite. If it doesn't get big in the first days or week, it will likely never come back.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looking at my Channel, I discovered that all my videos follow a pattern for gaining views.

The first one is for my Pokémon TCG opening videos. They get the most views on my channel, around 50-70 each. They get a whole bunch of views the minute they are published, yet that quick increase in views only lasts half an hour to an hour. After that they just very slowly gain views over time.

The other pattern is for all other videos I make. They just very slowly get views over the next 5 days or so, getting in total around 10 views.

So what do these patterns can mean? And do you have these sort of view patterns on your channel.
The boost you get in the first few minutes is the notifications to your subs. If they like your video more and more people are notified and a good suggested slot(s) and home screen slot is found for your video to promote further. If performing poorly, it will stall straight away. 9 out of 10times I can spot in the first hour if a video is a hit or not, an okay performer or a dud.

Try to make the video better, put a lot of time in making thumbnails that stand out, hook the people better at the start, make sure something else cool happens between 20to 30seconds into the video, then again after a minute and a minute and a half. If people still are hooked at that time they will likely watch most of the video.[DOUBLEPOST=1507878096,1507877907][/DOUBLEPOST]
Then why does it happen for only 1 of my series?
Could be because your subs subscribed for e.g. the pokemon series and don’t like the rest?[DOUBLEPOST=1507878258][/DOUBLEPOST]Here an example for the first 60 minutes of a video that was a hit from the start for me, you can clearly see the points where the AI decides to promote you further.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: KiddieToysReview

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Could be because your subs subscribed for e.g. the pokemon series and don’t like the rest?
Then why did my very first Pokémon TCG opening also follow this pattern? And why have no other videos in the 4 year history of my channel done this view spike, with the PTCG series being only being a few months old?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't know what else you expect to hear to be honest, you got good feedback from people who proved they can grown on youtube. Nobody knows why or will be able to tell you why, not even a youtube manager. Look at the suggestions above, deep dive into your statistics and see if you can find any correlation. It's all math calculations based on many parameters we don't know in the end. The only thing that is a constant suggestion is:
1) Make outstanding thumbnails, it's what creates the interest to watch your video
2) Make outstanding content that drives long strings of watch time
3) Make sure you have great title/tag/description
4) Drive good quality views to your channel yourself as well and not expect youtube to do it all. They will test you out once in a while but if they constantly find out you don't perform compared to others in your level they will drop you and not invest further in developing you.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't know what else you expect to hear to be honest
At least an answer to my question: why did the very first video of Pokémon TCG opening on my channel also got that initial views spike, despite me not doing it before? I mean, thanks for the feedback, but this really isn't a thread about that. I mean if you have anymore that would be great as my channel is doing awfully, but there are other threads for that or you can just PM me, not to mention that I already try to do all the things you listed. But once again, thanks for the support.