Do you post your Youtube channel on your own Facebook page?

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So far I've resisted from post about my Youtube channel on my own Facebook page, but have consistently debated with myself whether I want to do so or not.

I want to see what the consensus is about this? Good to get your friends on board as well? or a source of embarrassment if all your friends know?
Have you already posted about it on your own Facebook page? If so, what was the feedback/results?

Also, have your friends found your channel on Youtube then contacted you about it? That's probably what I'm ok with for now in terms of letting friends know.

Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Just make a facebook for your YouTube channel. Do you want possible threats on you and your family. A lot of people are easier to find through their facebook

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Good to get your friends on board as well? or a source of embarrassment if all your friends know?
I've mentioned that I post music videos on YouTube a few times, but I don't speak very much about it unless someone asks... Some of them follow my channel tho, which is nice, but I wouldn't be mad if they were to stop following it.

Have you already posted about it on your own Facebook page?
No, I've never done that before. I have mentioned working on my website tho, which sometimes gets questions lol.

Also, have your friends found your channel on Youtube then contacted you about it?
Yeah, that's happened a few times. It's always kind of strange when it happens, but I feel better about the YouTube algorithm showing them something they'd want to watch rather than me asking them to watch it.

I did create a facebook business page for my channel, too. That has been interesting to explore. I would recommend considering creating a separate page for a focus on your YouTube stuff because it separates "real life" (your private facebook account with real life friends and family) with the "weird online social media thing" (where a bunch of strangers subscribe and follow).... I've learned that it's nice to keep those two things separate as much as possible. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just make a facebook for your YouTube channel. Do you want possible threats on you and your family. A lot of people are easier to find through their facebook
Ah its a good idea to make a separate account for the Youtube page, I'll probably do that somewhere down the line when things start to pick up. But I was referring to whether you post your channel on your real facebook page... I wasn't going to post my facebook on my youtube channel though of course!

I've mentioned that I post music videos on YouTube a few times, but I don't speak very much about it unless someone asks... Some of them follow my channel tho, which is nice, but I wouldn't be mad if they were to stop following it.
Good to see you feel the same too, I just wondered if most other youtubers let all their friends and family know about their channels, whether that was well received or just keep it a secret until the youtube algorithm shows it to them. Guess the best practise is to keep it humble

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No, 99% of my FB friends have no interest in the games I make videos for so posting them there would only lead to a few people clicking them asap leaving them since they have no interest in the content leading to worse audience retention for my videos. And since I during long period post daily YT videos it would just be an annoying spam for all my friends not interested in the games.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I used to post my vlogs on my main facebook page. My classmates saw it and started quoting certain things to me during class lectures which was strange at first but the seems to actually like it. Friends of friends saw it and introduced themselves to me by saying my intro. My friends from high school like seeing my vlogs because it's how they keep up with me.
It's a great way to get views AND if you collab with friends even friends who don't have channels, their friends will watch it when they see both faces in the thumbnail.
I don't post videos on facebook anymore mainly because I just don't use facebook anymore.

The only 2 things that was really strange was I was heading to New York on a bus full of people who all somehow saw my videos through facebook... despite me not know them... and that was awkward. And I think when I was younger random people saw some parody covers I did and ask me to perform... which... lol isn't me.

That being said, if you don't want to then... don't. It really depends on your friends and the style of content you make I guess right? If you teach math lessons online, they're nothing to be a point of embarrassment by, but if you post dancing videos and no one knows you dance maybe that's awkward. If you play Grand Theif Auto online and all your friends also play then it's fine, but if your a teacher with all your teachers as friends on facebook then it's awkward.

But then again, I've pushed many of my friends to start posting on youtube years ago. At least 7 of my irl friends have made their own youtube videos. Oh and I used to be the video guy back before everyone had HD camcorders in their pockets... so maybe that also helped?

or a source of embarrassment if all your friends know?
You make videos about finance. Why would anyone make you embarrassed about that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only 2 things that was really strange was I was heading to New York on a bus full of people who all somehow saw my videos through facebook... despite me not know them... and that was awkward. And I think when I was younger random people saw some parody covers I did and ask me to perform... which... lol isn't me.
That's hilarious... your own celebrity moment lol

You make videos about finance. Why would anyone make you embarrassed about that?
Well I don't like my voice, and it has my own views on finance, for which I don't usually talk about with my friends, sort of like your dancing example I guess :redface: