Do you guys see this massive flagging war going on? 14 videos taken down from 3 channels!

Have you done a video about the problems with YouTube?

• Yes I have spoken out about the problems

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm waiting for YouTube to figure it out

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No, I never knew things were this bad

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

carlylespicks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
There is a major flagging war going on and yet I feel most YouTubers don't even know. YouTubers many times focus only on their channels. It's only when YOUR channel gets flagged down you start complaining. Don't wait for it! This is a problem for ALL of us! We need to stand together and fight! GradeAUnderA has done a great thing but why are all these big YouTubers silent? Casey Niestat for example got exclusive access to YouTube headquarters and everybody loves him but did he look out for us? Major YouTubers are screaming trying to be heard by YouTube and he gets right into the HQ and I'm betting he did not even discuss anything but his channel. Not unique to him, that is how most YouTubers are. We need to be more community oriented. There are big problems going on that need to be addressed but because most of you are silent, nothing happens.

With ONE video, GradeAUnderA got the CEO of YouTube's attention. How many videos and team efforts have you guys engaged with to address the problems with YouTube? Ask not what YouTube can do for you but what YOU can do for YouTube! STAND UP!

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of the ppl that are on this forum are smaller channels and we do not really have that much power to make a difference, I will admit that it would be something to add our voices to the cause but still in the end Youtube is the only one that can do anything about this problem (in my opinion). I have however seen GradeAUnderA´s video and he has a strong point but yet again if we all start shouting at youtube but no one there starts changing anything then what is the use ?

carlylespicks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
That is the point. YouTube like most big companies focuses on priorities. If you guys are quiet while your channels are being taken down, they will focus on other matters. Trust me, is we all started complaining there would be some FAST changes. Think about the fact there seems to be no consequences for false flagging. That is BASIC stuff. There is so much you can get in trouble for but not false flagging? People even post publicly that they are doing it.

Most of the ppl that are on this forum are smaller channels and we do not really have that much power to make a difference, I will admit that it would be something to add our voices to the cause but still in the end Youtube is the only one that can do anything about this problem (in my opinion). I have however seen GradeAUnderA´s video and he has a strong point but yet again if we all start shouting at youtube but no one there starts changing anything then what is the use ?

Reactions: xandru8

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
daaaaaaaaaaaamn dude u are ritch .... just seen your Youtube channel and the amount of things you shout out must cost a ton of money ..... back to the point ....
You are right that people are doing this and publicly gloating about it, but then it all boils back to what I sed and that is if Youtube does not change then it is a bit irrelevant if we keep shouting .... but now the other option is: instead of shouting at youtube that there is a problem lets shout at youtube with some solution like: You have to give your credentials to flagg or show the actual reason or even better .... youtube would have to put actual people to see the accusations, right ?

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube has ALWAYS been a pretty horrible site for what is allowed to be uploaded.

Even if your video is under fair use and abides by their garbage rules it can still be taken down by a random company that might not even be real.

It's taken them a very long time to listen to the community but at this point only channels like GRADEAUNDERA have a chance to make a difference only because his fanbase is large.

I'll always be there to help channels that get their videos taken down or their account terminated for no reason but other than that it's pointless to try and spread the word when other channels are getting the job done as it is.

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Im that person to sit around and wait for it to be fixed because it doesnt concern me right now. But then if I get a copyright strike then imma be mad because they didnt fix it.

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im that person to sit around and wait for it to be fixed because it doesnt concern me right now. But then if I get a copyright strike then imma be mad because they didnt fix it.
we are all more or like that so do not worry,

Youtube has ALWAYS been a pretty horrible site for what is allowed to be uploaded.

Even if your video is under fair use and abides by their garbage rules it can still be taken down by a random company that might not even be real.

It's taken them a very long time to listen to the community but at this point only channels like GRADEAUNDERA have a chance to make a difference only because his fanbase is large.

I'll always be there to help channels that get their videos taken down or their account terminated for no reason but other than that it's pointless to try and spread the word when other channels are getting the job done as it is.
but do you think just because he has such a huge fan base, Youtube will listen to him ?

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
we are all more or like that so do not worry,

but do you think just because he has such a huge fan base, Youtube will listen to him ?
Yeah pretty much lol

TheTNGMen

I'm Just a Meme Machine
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sigh, it's times like this where I wish that youtube had actual decent competition. Whole bunch of other sites out there, but none of the draw the audience of youtube... Actual competition would force them to shape up or lose creators to other sites~

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sigh, it's times like this where I wish that youtube had actual decent competition. Whole bunch of other sites out there, but none of the draw the audience of youtube... Actual competition would force them to shape up or lose creators to other sites~
.... dailymotion, .... vimeo, .... ?