Do You Act On "Viral Ideas"?

AwesomeBomber

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Let me explain. Have you ever had an idea which you thought, if it were created/uploaded, it would have a higher potential (in comparison to your other content) to become viral? Those are the kinds of ideas I mean, the ambitious and loosely original one-off ideas.

However, when you get those ideas, how long do you spend simply thinking about it and not acting on making it a reality? I find that I do that a lot, I've had a few video ideas in the past which were completely possible for me to make, however, I would just spend so much time thinking about doing it and procrastinating that, by the time I feel like getting around to doing it, it's often become irrelevant, since my ideas are often very topical with current events, it seems.

I'm just curious if this happens to anyone else. Do you procrastinate and never get around to doing these kinds of videos? Or, do you jump to the chance and make the video as soon as possible so that it has a chance to get some kind of recognition? Let me know!

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't had one of these ideas until just very recently actually. I'm pretty excited about it haha. It's hard to will myself to do it but I'm doing my best to pounce on it immediately because I think this could really help my channel.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Let me explain. Have you ever had an idea which you thought, if it were created/uploaded, it would have a higher potential (in comparison to your other content) to become viral? Those are the kinds of ideas I mean, the ambitious and loosely original one-off ideas.

However, when you get those ideas, how long do you spend simply thinking about it and not acting on making it a reality? I find that I do that a lot, I've had a few video ideas in the past which were completely possible for me to make, however, I would just spend so much time thinking about doing it and procrastinating that, by the time I feel like getting around to doing it, it's often become irrelevant, since my ideas are often very topical with current events, it seems.

I'm just curious if this happens to anyone else. Do you procrastinate and never get around to doing these kinds of videos? Or, do you jump to the chance and make the video as soon as possible so that it has a chance to get some kind of recognition? Let me know!
I have one Donald Trump video where I got stuck at a stupid protester road block. I uploaded it as fast as I could just because it would be in the news. It has just over 1k views, but Jesus commented about 1 minute after I uploaded so that's impressive and there are a lot of political arguments on this video. I did nothing to promote this and it got up to 1k views, if I don't promote videos they normally see about 27 views. So this can be a good strategy, you just have to be quick with it!
trump.jpg

Reactions: AwesomeBomber

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have one Donald Trump video where I got stuck at a stupid protester road block. I uploaded it as fast as I could just because it would be in the news. It has just over 1k views, but Jesus commented about 1 minute after I uploaded so that's impressive and there are a lot of political arguments on this video. I did nothing to promote this and it got up to 1k views, if I don't promote videos they normally see about 27 views. So this can be a good strategy, you just have to be quick with it!
View attachment 35542
The only thing worse than trump supporters are Hillary supporters... f*****g Americans

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a couple of ideas that may do better than what I currently do, but they require some extra preparation (we're writing custom music for it). Usually, though, I think trying to make something viral just doesn't work as well as you think it will. It's usually something really spontaneous that isn't expected that truly goes viral.

AwesomeBomber

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I haven't had one of these ideas until just very recently actually. I'm pretty excited about it haha. It's hard to will myself to do it but I'm doing my best to pounce on it immediately because I think this could really help my channel.
Well, I wish you luck with it mate, hope it goes well for you! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1463925930,1463925703][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think trying to make something viral just doesn't work as well as you think it will. It's usually something really spontaneous that isn't expected that truly goes viral.
True enough, I mean, my second most viewed video was actually just a spontaneous idea that I thought I'd just do, same as the first and third most viewed, they weren't something I expected to get much attention but, they did. It's a really hard thing to suss out at the end of the day, most of it's down to people's current interests and luck, a truckload of luck xD

Reactions: xingcat

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The only thing worse than trump supporters are Hillary supporters... f*****g Americans
The Trump protesters are worse than the supporters... This was why we got stuck in a road block.

TheFreshBiz

FreshTechTV
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I typically don't have ideas for viral videos being that in there tech space it will cost big bucks to go viral (example: iPhone bend test) it went viral but I don't have $600 to waste an iPhone just to break it lol but procrastination plagues is all

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not really, unless I think it's funny. An upcoming car review will have a splash screen of a meme...