Do the amount of video's matter ?

UndergroundSeries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have almost 550 videos and I am not getting much traffic on like 450 of them, is it importent to delete/ make them private. Does this amount of videos effect my channel negatively ?

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The number of videos already uploaded doesn't effect your channel (other than having many ways for people to find you).
However, there is evidence that YouTube examines performance of your most previous upload when allocating traffic for your next. If a previous upload was engaging and outperformed, the next video will get a small boost and vice versa (google: "view velocity")

UndergroundSeries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The number of videos already uploaded doesn't effect your channel (other than having many ways for people to find you).
However, there is evidence that YouTube examines performance of your most previous upload when allocating traffic for your next. If a previous upload was engaging and outperformed, the next video will get a small boost and vice versa (google: "view velocity")
Thx, for the info but is this so called 'boost' so this is build by a succesfull amount of yt videos after each other, does this mean if a video in a 'time a b' gets less views, that my next video gets lesser views than that one ?

Orochi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The amount doesn't really matter ive seen channels with 4 videos from around 2011 that got 15 million+ views

Fran Gale

Reaction score
Agree, so many videos can even look spammy to YT (I guess) this is a game of time, get old on YT, work hard on your quality and not quantity. I did an experiment raising a channel with no social media help (not even FB), just old school SEO, no backlinks building or anything, just plain best practice for uploading, keyword search (nothing but YT browsing bar) cheap a** thumbnails, naming the channel and stuff like that...two years later I have 5000 subs, over 92.000 views per month with 385 videos (improving quality from video #100, it was so crappy before).

I guess what I mean is that we shouldn't force stuff to occur, I we 're to be youtubers, so be it, If we're to be successful, well good, if not, well....try harder next time. This is like a boxing match, the guy that wins is not the one that hits the hardest, is the one who is still standing at the end. Cheers

Reactions: Action Toys Fun

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yt recommends you reuse your old videos. You can make highlights, compilations, "top lists", "best of", etc with your previous content. Previous videos are are quickly depreciating assets, with the current state of play on the platform, their shelf life is extremely limited. Reuse past footage, or forget about it and write it off. The algo doesn't care about your backlog, only your current videos drawing traffic.

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Interesting! Had a vid (the one in my signature) that outperformed all my other vids and first to hit 500+ views. Did not know about view velocity, thanks!

UndergroundSeries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can I see the channel and btw do you have any SEO tips and tricks ?

kingdombunniez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I understand quality is more important that quantity. How you feel about "being" weird of extra funny, even if you're not a person who can " fake" being weird and stuff or doing stupid stuff? I'v seen channels with people being themselves not being extra loud or anything yet have a lot of subs/ views and their videos are really active with comments. Nor are they "different" with their content yet somehow, you know?