Do people feel threaten by you making YouTube videos?

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do people try and Force you Not to make YouTube videos?
I did a video about a high school baseball senior named Jesse DeHoyos who is also a YouTuber that was told he not allowed to do any more videos until his baseball season is over.
Has this ever happened to you as someone who makes YouTube videos have you been harassed or threaten by your boss or so called friends?

Reactions: videoeditgr

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've gotten my fair share of death and doxxing threats. I just ignore them and move on, though. Let's just say I've unhinged a lot of crazy fanbases and a decent bit of crazy content creators. But I'm not worried.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My wife everytime I include the kid in a public video!
And the little one everytime i upload without her...
lol!
:p XD
Speaking more seriously never a friend straight told me not to do video on a subject. But the critique some times got so hard especially from those that do not bother to do any video or are in another field as plain photography so I decided to cut any conversation on videos and skills with those people. They might be good people but on subjects of constructive critisism they are so elitists. You cannot compare everything by the theory book sort ot attitude.
:/

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Perhaps, but I'm not sure. I never mentioned my channel to my managers and bosses. However, once there was some restructering in the company I as working for, and my new boss seemed to think I was taking my music waaaay too seriously. She told me that in order to "get ahead" in the company, I'd need to have engineering be my main and biggest hobby instead of other things that "don't matter" like music. I honestly don't know what else she could have thought made me so serious about music other than my YouTube channel (and even then, I definitly was not serious about it lol). Everything else that I was doing music-wise was pretty minimal. I didn't ask, but soon after that decided to quit haha.

It could have just been a coincidence! Or not. I dunno. I no longer care where she got that idea. ^_^

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No and I wouldn't listen if they did. Way back in the day when I was first starting on YouTube, I did a response video to a crazy person who took her own video down, then tried to get all the responses taken down because she said they violated her privacy. Sure, because we were just reacting to the video she put up. YouTube ignored her and all of those videos are still out there somewhere.

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It has never happened to me because my channel is a secret between the internet and me. Also, I don't show my face in my videos (+ I make videos in english, not in my mother tongue) so the risk that someone I know IRL discovers my channel is very very low.

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do people try and Force you Not to make YouTube videos?
I did a video about a high school baseball senior named Jesse DeHoyos who is also a YouTuber that was told he not allowed to do any more videos until his baseball season is over.
Has this ever happened to you as someone who makes YouTube videos have you been harassed or threaten by your boss or so called friends?
The only person to ever try to get me to stop doing YouTube is my mother we got in a big argument about it but I didn't stop that was months ago and I'm still at it