DJ Copyright strikes on youtube ..... I NEED HELP

unitsking

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I do DJ mixing on my down time and I have been really good, so this weekend I had some time and I uploaded some of my mixes to youtube but one of the mixes got a strike and I know you get 3 strikes then youtube takes your channel down. What do I need to do so I dont get a copyright strike ? I understand the music is not mine so its fine for me to give them the ad revenue but what I dont want is to get strikes.

How do I get around this ? Does anyone know ?

RipGroove

Reaction score
I doubt you got a Strike, you probably got a Copywrite Claim which is not a Strike. If you are lucky the copywrite owners will just monetize your video for themselves and still allow it to be viewed by the public but if you are unlucky (like I am most of the time), the copywrite owners will block your video from being viewed worldwide.

unitsking

Reaction score
I doubt you got a Strike, you probably got a Copywrite Claim which is not a Strike. If you are lucky the copywrite owners will just monetize your video for themselves and still allow it to be viewed by the public but if you are unlucky (like I am most of the time), the copywrite owners will block your video from being viewed worldwide.

Is there a way to use other artists songs along my song in there ? Is that how I can get paid from ads ?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
you will never get paid from ads as long as you create content using other people's music without permission from the copyright owner. Might get away with it in the short term but in 2021 Youtube's Auto detection is good enough to tell if you even sing a few lines from a song, let alone use part of the orginal song in a DJ mix. If 1 of those songs trip the youtube auto detection system the whole video is demonetized regardless if you have 20 of your own songs in there and only 1 remix of a popular song. Might sound unfair but that's what copyright are for. The right to say who can copy it.
Sadly DJ-ing rarely counts as transformative enough to fit into fair use

How do you get around this? - by not using 3rd party music without permission. I feel like there's probably some service out there that allows you to get legal DJ access to various songs... I doubt it includes youtube but maybe that is an option.

Reactions: UKHypnotist